Format: DVD|Change

on 27 November 2008
I bought these discs - series one and two- on a whim. I had memories of watching the series as a child and wondered if it had stood the test of time. It has. While some aspects have dated, the central performances are excellent, and the interplay between Timothy, 'Mother' and 'Father' is funnier than ever now I watch it as an adult. Barbara Lott as 'Mother' excels.
I'm so glad I found this.
Hurry up and release the rest of them!
on 7 October 2010
Whereas Ronnie Barker did his best work (for me) in Open All Hours, Ronnie Corbett did the same with SORRY.
OK, it's one joke repeated but it's a good joke, a funny one and it deserves and merits the telling. Grand to see it here on DVD.
Language Timothy!
on 13 December 2010
This is in my opinion suburban situation comedy at it's best. As with many of the classic comedies, such as Rising Damp, fantastic comedy is derived from the most mundane of situations and a small core of characters are excellently portrayed by fine actors. Whilst some of the situations may appear dated to some I believe the quality of the writing and the acting of the central characters shines through. As others have mentioned it is a great piece of nostalgia as well and my partner (not really into sitcoms) remarked on the fantastic theme tune.
Am hoping all seven series are released soon.
on 19 December 2010
a great series with ronnie corbett and the excellent barbara lott ,if you haven`t seen it ,buy it ,you`ll love it
on 21 June 2014
Sorry remains one of the most underrated British comedies ever and Ronnie Corbett gives a great performance as Timothy Lumsden, a 40 year old librarian who is desperate to escape the clutches of his overbearing mother. His sister. Muriel and best friend Frank are always willing to help him in his struggles, but the cunningness of his mother and Timothy's own incompetence always manages to get in the way.
on 6 November 2011
Having made these sitcoms in the 1980s. They are timeless and are very entertaining to watch.Ronnie corbett is still on the TV and can still be very entertaining.I recommend this DVD.
on 15 May 2014
Just great nostalgic series which always makes us laugh. The slightest verbal indiscretion and the father pipes up "Language Timothy". Great stuff.
on 14 July 2013
Excellent DVD which I purchased for myself and I love it, one the best DVD'S I have seen in a long time.
on 30 December 2014
Arrived on time for Xmas my dad was very happy with dvd
on 18 June 2016
Great fan of sorry sad rest in peace Corbett