on 7 September 2011
I'm buying the DVD's because this was such a great show. I recently saw a re-run on one of the cable channels and even though it was on late & I'd seen it before I still stayed up because it's that good. Very true that it was a great shame that there was to be no meeting between Alice & Gil and while events took a tragic turn I found myself feeling that although it was a sad ending that made it all the more poignant as in life such things are known to happen.

The writing is brilliant and each episode is a treasure chest of comedy & romance and you find yourself lost in the story. A must for all those incurable romantics out there and comedy lovers too.

Can't wait till the DVD's hit my doormat!
|11 Comment|Report abuse
on 28 September 2017
I knew virtually nothing about this show , but took a chance and ended up loving it , The struggles of city folk to find love could be the bottom line , but theres so much more .
on 20 July 2014
I bought this series, because I'm a big fan of Tamsin Greig and Sherridan Smith. I enjoyed it, but found it didn't stay on course with the original plot between seasons. It was somewhat disappointing in that respect.
3 people found this helpful
on 8 July 2013
Watched the whole two series in a few days. I agree with previous reviewers about the second series suffering thanks to the loss of a certain someone, but they handled it very well and I still enjoyed the second series.

It is classic Tamsin Greig – loved by the characters and audience alike, she manages to portray a woman who is part of everyone's lives in one way or another, but who never quite finds what she needs until (perhaps) the end.

It is a gentle comedy, completely heartfelt and a little bit clever, with some brilliant characters and events that happen along the way. I would definitely recommend it.
2 people found this helpful
on 14 January 2018
Bought by my husband as a Christmas gift for his best friend. Having previously watched the show when it was televised he thought it would be right up his street.
on 15 June 2017
This is a slow burner but stick with it. Tamsin plays this role, like similar ones, very well. The unassuming but quirky single lady down on her luck with love. Missed this on TV so glad to get this box set.
on 3 July 2017
Brilliant. Tamsin Greig is fantastic throughout. If you love subtle situation comedies then this is for you.
on 7 October 2012
This 2 DVD disc complete collection of the Love Soup series is just a joy to watch excellent cast, and Tamsin Greig excels in her search for love.
There are so many story lines with which you can identify with, I would recommend this series on so many levels, comedy, drama, and true to life in so many ways, this has definitely become a favorite in my stable of DVDs
One person found this helpful
on 4 March 2014
Saw series 1 several years ago, hadn't known a second series had been made - don't think it made it to New Zealand!
So good to see series 1 again, so sorry to find that Gil had been killed off, it just didn't make sense. Still enjoyable but if only the wirters could have put him in a coma, then made a third series when he eventually came round (actor available again.....sigh). Alice and Gil are so obviously meant to be together.
2 people found this helpful