on 27 March 2012
If you like alpha men this book is perfect , talk about alley , Nasty dirty sex , with a bit and tenderness put in ,l love this book and it is the best in h series so don't bother buying all the others , seriously it will be tempting , but you will be disappointed ,,,this is a def 5 star novel ,,, love it!
on 25 October 2012
Having read and really enjoyed a couple of Laura Baumbach books I kept looking at this but then deciding on something else at the the last minute, but seeing all the high reviews I finally gave in and downloaded it. I think my subconscious must have been trying to tell me something all along!

There were a few problems for me, one was the dialogue between the two guys during their (many) love scenes. Brams constant and repetative use of " shake for me baby", " tremble for me baby" etc etc began to grate and in the end I started to find the ' dirty talk ' extremely cheesy and a tad annoying. In fact I just wanted them to stop talking and get on with it! The endearment 'baby' was also overused and last but not least was the instalove. I prefer it when there is a good dose of sexual tension and'we are made to wait and watch the relationship develop a while before love is declared but after the hot scene in the alley, the sex was coming thick and fast and bobs your uncle, within a couple of days they're in love! I,m partial to a good love scene or two but in this case , perhaps if the sex had been reduced and a bit more story introduced it would have worked a bit better and I personally would have enjoyed it more.

I can see why this book would appeal to a lot of readers so I'm not saying its bad but sadly it didn't rock my boat - my own likes and dislikes obviously coming into play. I'm not a great lover of D/s in my m/m romances so even though this isn't hardcore it still has that dynamic. I know I will be in the minority of readers who give a lower rating. I did love her book Details of the Hunt and her collaboration, Mexican Heat with Josh lanyon though. A shame, but disappointed.