on 14 October 2016
This book is of its time but I really enjoyed it.

It is written in the 1840's but is set in the 16th Century and focused around Lady Jane Grey and Queen Mary.

In many ways I would have liked to have given it 5 stars but can't really, as you do need to take a deep breath at times at the treatment of women as swooning beauties and and the mistreatment of the vertically challenged character, plus be prepared to perhaps skips some of the rambling descriptions of the Tower of London's nooks and crannies but if you can, there is really much to like and enjoy.

It is quite similar to the Gunpowder Plot book by the same author, which I'd also recommend. I am now onto his book on the St Paul's, the plague and the Great Fire.
on 8 May 2016
Enjoyed this book very much it was unexpected as I was anticipating a straight history of The Tower and had a lovely storyline to go with it
on 19 November 2015
I like this author, his descriptions of scenes and clothing are very good
on 24 May 2017
Good read
on 2 December 2015
Great
on 26 June 2013
Many of the photocopied (?) pages have no proper margin. I am sorry I did not persevere so as to find an old hard back copy.
on 20 November 2013
Great book, loved since my childhood,and ad always wanted to get one. and the price is reasonable. Great novel. Thanks.
on 26 July 2016
We had an original hard back copy this was difficult to read the Kindle version is much better.