Learn more Download now Shop now Learn more Shop now Shop now Shop now Shop now Shop now Shop now Shop now Shop now Learn More Shop now Shop now Learn more Shop Fire Shop Kindle Moana - Listen with Prime Shop now Shop Women's Shop Men's

Customer reviews

GM Skills Cricket Ball Red Junior
Size: Junior|Colour: Red|Change
Price:£6.95+ £3.45 shipping

on 26 April 2017
Thinking I had purchased 10 RED ADULT skills ball, I found that I received 9 RED & WHITE ADULT skills balls and 1 RED & WHITE JUNIOR ball. I am unable to return them as I live abroad, visiting the UK for 4 days & the balls are needed urgently by our ladies cricket team.
on 3 July 2017
Absolutely rubbish. Four training sessions and the pvc cover has separated and the stitching has come loose.
on 28 July 2017
The ball was split at the seam when we got it out of the packet. V poor quality.
on 10 May 2011
Not much you can say about this other than it is a very good "incrediball" type ball. It feels heavy compared to a regular junior cricket ball but I weighed it and it comes in at 4.75oz, ie spot on.

The ball feels like it will last so no worries about hitting it and it splitting. Beware that it is still fairly hard so if you are intending to use this against relative novices you will be better starting off with a wind ball and moving up to this. The advantage this has is that it is softer so easier on the hands but it still hurts.

Overall a great product for junior cricket drills, recommended.
on 25 August 2015
Good
0Comment|Was this review helpful to you? Report abuse
on 25 August 2011
I bought this as I started going back to the nets with friends after not playing for nearly 15 years! Before investing in pads etc we thought we could use this pad-less. In that aspect it's fine, although I did take a knock on the knee last night that's pretty sore now. However, it's just too bouncy. I bowl off-spin and if I put it in at a decent length it flies over the stumps by at least a foot. To hit the wicket you'd have to bowl a length that would end up being a full toss. Ironically it's endorsed by Graeme Swann (although the Amazon description says Harmison).

It's not bad as a stop-gap before deciding to buy all the other kit you need with a real ball but after 2 or 3 sessions you'll want a proper ball.

Very good price though so I suppose I shouldn't grumble!
on 3 June 2012
This product seemed a good idea as my lad was scared of being hurt by a proper cricket ball.
This item is ideal for catching practise but you cannot use with a bat which limits its use. it is easier to buy a proper cricket ball & just stand closer.
on 10 June 2013
The ball serves its purpose. It looks well stitched. Scratches easily but I guess that is normal.

Son was very happy with the ball
on 16 November 2012
This is an excellent training aid for very young or novice players. I use it for coaching novice ladies and junior players, and for indoor skills training when we can't use a proper hard ball. It bridges the gap between a soft and light ball like a tennis ball or quick-cricket ball, and a proper cricket ball. The ball is heavy and hard enough to feel about right and encourage good hands, and soft enough not to do damage or play on their anxieties!
on 10 February 2013
These are excellent soft indoor training balls, a big improvement on any of the other training-type balls I have tried. Whilst such balls are usually too light and so difficult to control (if bowled seam up they will swing uncontrollably) the GM ball is weighted the same as a regular ball. The softness together with the weight helps the ball grip and spin - even on a wooden floor - which doesn't happen consistently with the others. Recommended.

See one answered question