Format: DVD|Change
Price:£5.99+ £1.26 shipping

on 26 June 2015
Dustin Hoffman strikes gold in this comedy about a struggling actor cross dressing to be part of a TV series. This also has some moving moments as well as hilarious just one of the best of it's genre.
on 17 January 2012
In many ways, this movie is not only about an actor finding himself in the role of his life, playing a funny, assertive older woman. I take this film as a lesson that a change of setting and a change of attitude often lead us to discovering other inner actors, new personas we have which might bring us luck.
Tootsie is a creation, but in fact all our social masks are just that, and we forget how in control we can be if we want to change ourselves and the way in which others perceive us.

Apart from this personal lesson I found in the movie, its comic aspects are priceless. This together with Mrs. Doubtfire are two very funny presentations of what can happen if a man plays a pretty believable woman, and all the chaos that follows!
Hoffman is an amazing actor, but let us not forget that he can do dramatic roles just as well (I'll never forget him in The Death of a Salesman or Rain Man).

The bonuses on this DVD version are also wonderful, with deleted scenes that give you an insight on the movie and how it was made.
on 9 October 2009
What can I say, this still makes me laugh and cry after many viewings over many years, it is simply one of the best films ever made and was quite ahead of its time. Funny, thought provoking, intelligent and sweet- Dustin is as always fantastic and the now sadly departed Sydney Pollack (director) makes a cameo in a couple of unforgettably hilarious scenes. Buy it, you won't regret it!
on 21 March 2012
Hoffman as an unemployed actor with a reputation for being difficult to work with, disguises himself as a woman to get a role in a soap opera - unexpectedly Bill Murray appears as his bemused flat mate!

Surprisingly, very entertaining, Dustin Hoffman is superb in this original "Mrs Doubtfire" - if you loved Robin Williams in drag, Dustin Hoffman is just as good.

A brilliant film, very entertaining decades after it was first made!
on 28 July 2012
Fantastic script, fantastic acting especially from Dustin Hoffman, Sidney Pollack, Terri Garr and the Bill guy, Jessica Lang was good too I understand she got an Oscar although personally I think Dustin deserved one instead. I watch it regularly if I've nothing else to do (which is rare!)
on 23 June 2004
great great comedy, had me in stiches! dustin hofman plays a wonderful cross dresser and i laughed form start to finish.
on 12 August 2010
I watched it last time for the very first time and I must admit that I couldn't stop laughing. The first 20-30 mins are a little bit dull, so be patient, and all the best scenes are at the very end. This comedy is a great addition to my collection of DVDs, I will watch it again and again with my friends and family, it's a timeless classic (if I can say that).
on 8 July 2004
I know Tootsie is not a drag movie, but it is. There is something camp and genius about the whole thing, a soap opera, a man in disguise and well Terri Garr is adorable, and she is not in nearly enough!
on 5 October 2014
Nice little film. Pleased to see it again after quite some years. Still watchable although a bit dated, but that's to be expected!
DVD arrived quickly - will buy from them again.
on 9 December 2015
Loved this when I first watched it years ago, wanted my partner to see it as he never had, he loved it as much as I did.
Very funny heart warming film with Dustin at he's best.