Customer reviews

The Scarecrow
Format: Audio CD|Change

on 3 December 2012
What can I say?! Mind blowingly powerful tracks, Metal heads will love it, as will many others. But it really doesn't show itself properly unless you play it LOUD. Through headphones preferably. All tracks are great, if I had to choose weak ones (which there are none, really) it would be maybe "Cry just a little". But its not really weak. Just not my preferred track. GET IT!
on 2 October 2013
with beautiful songs. there is not much to say about this album but it is amazingly good. Whenever you listen to the songs it gives you some chills. You could almost imagine the story in your head, picturing every character which is singing. It is a nice album and to be recommended when you enjoy some rocky tunes. :o)
on 7 August 2011
This is a MUST HAVE for all the fans of rock music, not only for metal fans. The music takes you deep into the storyline and the performance of the artists, all guests and the mastermind Mr. Sammet are just awesome. This one is a jewel of music.
on 14 April 2014
I had listened to this via Spotify, loved the sound of the first two tracks, and hoped the rest were as good Inwas not disappointed. Fantastic delivery, so did not have to wait long to listen to the album
on 5 January 2015
A truly fantastic album with a great mix of styles and a host of awesome guest singers. One of my favourites, especially 'I don't believe in your love' which is a great heavy rock song.
on 6 May 2016
My eclectic tastes in music mean the Avantasia formula works for me. Another great album in my eyes. It's made all the better by the use of guest musicians & vocalists.
on 28 January 2008
in my opinion its better than the highly praised metal opera

dont let the 2 singles carry me over and lost in space fool you, those are actually the 2 weakest tracks on the album (although i still like them).

i fully recommend the album to any metal fan.

top tracks being:

the scarecrow
shelter from the rain
the toy master
devil in the belfry
on 18 November 2013
love this album and the band this album is the best by avantasia and would highly recommend to others as I have my family
on 18 August 2008
One of the best releases of 2008 without a doubt. An album that just grows on you the more you play it until you end up with withdrawal symptons if you haven't heard it for a week !!!! The first 2 tracks "Twisted Mind" and "The Scarecrow" are amongst the best things Tobias has ever done with "Carry Me Over", "Another Angel Down", "Cry Just A Little" not far behind - then when you think it can't get any better "I Don't Believe In Your Love" hits you with an awesome riff that takes the album to another level. Then comes one of the most controversial tracks for Sammet fans - you'll either love or loath "Lost In Space" depending on how you feel about the man delivering such a commercial track - blasphemy ? me I love it !!!! You can just imagine Tobias and co blasting this out on TOTP with the wind machine's blowing and the lights flashing - sadly he's only 20 odd years late in delivering what would have been a pop/rock classic ala Silver Machine by Hawkwind, Alright Now by Free etc. Rock on Tobias !!!!!!!
VINE VOICEon 4 January 2009
Looking back over 2008 this was probably the CD I was most excited about but proved to be one of the most disappointing. I can understand why it has its admirers but I was hoping for something a bit more metal opera and less straightforward AOR. This is sadly the latter.

Tobias Sammet is obviously a very talented guy but I think he needs to move on from boosting his ego by having his heroes play with him. Look for new talent and try something new. Apart from the brilliant title track, ten or so minutes of melodic rock with folky strings, there is nothing much new this album has to offer. I hate the Alice Cooper track, it really makes the whole thing feel stale to me.

Ultimately a boring CD for me which I haven't played much since I got it.