Learn more Download now Shop now Learn more Shop now Shop now Shop now Shop now Shop now Shop now Shop now Shop now Learn More Shop now Shop now Learn more Shop Fire Shop Kindle New album - Eminem Shop now Shop now

on 11 February 2013
My favorites have always been his 5th and 9th. Both of them have been delivered with wonderful pace and emotion that cannot be faulted. I couldn't recommend this set enough.
on 16 February 2014
...to imagine that words of appreciation could somehow enhance Beethoven. I have these in my car listening through line by one - and then again
on 23 November 2017
Not the best sound quality, but ok in the car
0Comment|Was this review helpful to you? Report abuse
on 20 July 2012
This a great value series - all Nine symphonies! Better than many of today's performances.
Well worth buying. Also, as they are mp3 tracks I have burned ALL of them on to a CD which is very convenient in my car.
If you like serious serious music then buy these!
on 11 November 2014
Certainly my most favourite version of Beethoven symphony recordings. My feeling that von Karajan came closer to understanding Beethoven than others, and it shows in is conducting.
on 2 January 2014
Just what the doctor ordered. Love it the whole set of CDs are great and Karajan as can be expected brings out the best from the orchestra.
on 26 January 2015
Good service as always.

The down load page for MP3 files is not that simple to follow as it is not clear whether it has or not down loaded. This is the worst aspect of Amazon. and needs reviewing
on 22 March 2016
If you must have a box set choose elsewhere as there are other more exciting stereo versions around: Cluytens and Blomsted are both good in my experience.

I found this Karajan set distinctly underwhelming. I found no problem with hiss or even the mono, just a lack of warmth and depth of sounds. The 7th ought to be exhilarating but left me cold. If historical performances are not special I am not going to make allowances for them. Overall: disappointed.
0Comment|Was this review helpful to you? Report abuse
VINE VOICEon 9 April 2011
What can you say really? Karajan was a master and this is a huge compendium of master works conducted superbly. Difficult to believe that these recordings could ever be improved upon. Definitely recommended.
on 26 April 2013
Von Karajan was always a master but this recording is really first class, one for the collection you will not be disappointed.