The Eye [2002] [DVD]
Format: DVD|Change

on 20 March 2008
This film should really be watched with surround sound and in the dark, on your own. I watched it that way an I loved it. I borrowed the film first not really knowing much about it and it was just the most suspenseful film I've seen in years. A must own film for the fans of the eastern horror/thrillers.
on 7 July 2009
Definitly not one to watch alone.Also watching in the dark could cause a heart attack.It's about a blind woman who has her site restored but begins seeing ghastly appartitions and attempts to find out why.

Any fan of world cinema will lap this up.From it's opening to it's end.
on 28 January 2008
I bought this largely on the reviews on this page. It was a good film, reasonable story, even though you could see it all coming. However I waited all through the film to be scared, spooked or even mildly tingled. I admit the scene in the lift was a bit 'tense', thats the strongest word I can use to describe it and I did watch it late at night with the lights off.
There have been a couple of recent Dr Who episodes which completely out spook this. Maybe Im too old and cynical to be scared by films anymore, Im 41. Having said all that it was entertaining.
on 7 July 2014
excelent
on 10 March 2007
Forget the "Horror" tag, as a Supernatural/Ghost story it's one of the best "Subtitled" movies I/We've seen... and there have been a "Few" :) ... Highly Recommended .. 'Nuff said :)
on 30 July 2014
Superb
on 7 April 2008
I bought this after reading lots of reviews about how scary this film is. I have seen lots of asian horrors and this is one of the worst i have seen. It really isn't scary at all, and the elevator scene is embarrassing! How people find this scary i don't know. Try A Tale Of Two Sisters if you want a scary film.
on 22 December 2016
Great
on 23 July 2008
As concepts go, this is a pretty interesting one - sure, there have been a few "malfunctioning transplant" movies and stories, but they don't come around very often. I like the idea of body parts retaining their previous owner's characteristics...pure nonsense, of course, but it makes for an entertaining tale.

The story works quite well, and will keep you fairly interested throughout. The film succeeds as a drama, but sadly fails as a horror.

I like creepy, unsettling films and I have been impressed with the last decade or so of Far Eastern horror...but The Eye falls short of its scarier cousins. It simply isn't scary, in the slightest. There's no sense of danger or threat, no air of menace, and the ghosts are either plain or pitiful. You feel sorry for some of them, but they don't scare you.

I was very disappointed, having picked up a film billed as being absolutely pants-wettingly terrifying and finding it to be so tame. While I do wonder what other people found so frightening about it, I can't call it a bad film overall. By all means, watch it if you get a chance, but don't go looking for it, or expect to have any sleepless nights.
on 13 December 2003
This is probably the scariest film I have ever seen. You rarely see a film now that is very scary although this one is. It follows the life a woman who has just had an operation on her eye so that she can now see after being blind.
The operation goes well and she can now see though her vision is not perfect. She begins to have visions from someone elses life and it makes it even scarier because some of the film is done from her point of view so you can't really see what it is she's seing.
She begins to see these weird visions of people, including a little boy searching for his report card and a man in a lift with no head which are the scariest.
Don't let the fact that it is not in English put you off because there are clear subtitles and anyway the plot is easy to understand. If you are into scary films, this is the film that is best to see!