This Is Spinal Tap [DVD]
Format: DVD|Change

on 21 December 2017
I saw this the first time many years ago on TV, & thought it was hilarious. So when I saw this extended version at a fiver, I decided to have another look. Funny thing is, it didn't seem so funny this time around. Although it is an eminently quotable movie, & everyone (me included) has their favourite scenes. Dwarfhenge has evolved over the years, & there's 3 different versions of it on the disc.
Sometimes it's best to let some things live on in your memory & not revisit them.
on 3 December 2017
I remember, many years ago, saying to someone that apparently people think Spinal Tap really were a group, and was most amused to see a look of confusion spread across their face. You can see their point. Perhaps if Patrick Macnee wasn't in it, I may have fallen for it.
This borders on genius, albeit cringe makingly embarassing genius. It's understated, but only just, to allow disbelief to be totally suspended. Briiliant.
on 16 May 2017
A clever film, with plenty of laughs.
on 20 January 2018
Excellent film, turned up to eleven.
on 14 December 2017
What can I say....one of the best films ever made.
on 1 August 2017
TOP 500 REVIEWERon 19 February 2016
Classic, If you have not seen it buy it
on 18 June 2017
Great fun
on 24 August 2017
It was very funny but also sad - I thoroughly enjoyed it.
on 17 June 2014
absolutely hilarious, love these to be my mates.
all the family like this now, gonna start showing the grandkids when they are older,