on 5 July 2010
Works really well on small or light/thin spiders. Not so sure about large common house spiders. You won't be able to catch moving insects very easily either. Needs more suction power I think. Good price though.
Update: garden spiders and common house spiders are definately too large. This product has no effect on them - i managed to scoop up a medium garden spider up but it climbed out of the tube, even with the suction running!
There must be something better out there.
on 6 November 2014
I have had several of these which all look the same but have different marketing names. I shall keep this one in the dark in the hope that the plastic does not deteriorate all fall apart. However, this is a good invention, very kind to insects, works well and is easy to use.
on 17 June 2017
Perfect for those pesky bugs and flies
on 8 May 2009
Brilliant item and non lethal too. No need to kill the creepy crawlies, and why should we!

This is a great item, though not sure how long the PP3 battery will last, but I'll use rechargeables anyway.

Had it two weeks and used it about 30 times in my new house....Mind you the big, big spiders still put up a bit of a struggle..lol
on 26 August 2009
This is an excellent product that really does the job. Having previously bought bug catchers with loose caps and parts that fall off in use(!), it was delightful to find this well-constructed product. A major plus is the extension, which makes it possible to reach right up to the ceiling with it - where spiders so often seem to be. Having a switch that stays on continuously in use is also a real plus. This item is money very well spent.
on 25 September 2010
Must have for any aracnofobic. It does struggles to suck up big spiders but you can still catch them in it because they cant crawl up the sides. Its reaching the ceiling too. So your not knocking them down with a brush and chasing them round with a glass tumbler. The extention allows you to stay a distance away and because the extention is optional its ideal to take on holiday because its not that big. Dont know how i lived/traveled without it lol. It also detatches from the hover so its fairly easy to let the spiders go. It definatly beats spraying them with hairspray, a lot more humane :). Works brill on flying insects too.
on 3 June 2010
I have owned one of these for almost a decade and keep one on each floor of the house so that one is never far away if needed (have you ever noticed how quickly a spider moves away when you take your eyes off of it so that you cannot locate it, but know it is somewhere?). It is great at harmlessly sucking the spiders up (and flies/wasps etc), with the exception of when they creep into corners when it is tricky, but not impossible, to capture them.

The suction does diminish as the battery wears down, so I always make sure I keep a good stock in the house so I can change them as necessary to ensure I can suck any trespassers up without too much bother. I then take the whole thing down to the end of my garden and pop the spiders into a wild area where they will hopefully feel at home and not inclined to make the trek back up to my house. I can honestly say that this little device has become invaluable to me; I have not yet found anything else to repel spiders or that can deal with them as effectively as this does without killing them.

I have tried other spider related items, such as electronic repellants but I always come back to this. I have not yet found anything to beat it.
on 7 April 2010
2014 UPDATE - still using this and working great :)

Brilliant item, makes catching the little darlings fun. Eats batteries though (9volt PP3) however if you get a UNIROSS HYBRIO PP3 Rechargeable battery it will be a perfect outfit, you need a high power PP3 to run this kiddo properly.

10/10
on 29 May 2010
I bought this spider hoover along with a number of other spider deterrent products as I have just moved into a very old country cottage...along with resident spiders! I tried to "hoover" a very small spider, but it must have had super glue on its feet as it had no effect whatsoever. I was on the verge of being very discouraged when I spotted, to my horror, a large spider in the bathroom. I grabbed the spider hoover, switched it on and placed over spider...it was in a corner so couldn't get full contact at first, and was quietly panicking (well, not so quietly) as it just didn't suck it up. However, I perservered and held it over spider and after a few seconds (seemed like hours), it got into the tube. I put the lid on and took it outside...had to tap it a few times for spider to come out. So...overall, it's not perfect. The "suck" is not really strong enough so requires a steady nerve to stand there and hope the spider doesn't escape. If done on a completely flat surface no doubt it's better, but awkward areas or gaps, it just doesn't do the job, which is hugely disappointing for me. I chose the suction device rather than the other alternative of a "brush" like catcher because I imagined the "suck" would just whoosh a spider up...but I am now going to get the "brush" device too...after all, spiders seem to hang about in all sorts of nooks and crannies and rarely cooperate when being captured. Sadly.
on 15 March 2012
I bought this for sucking up millipedes which we keep getting crawling into the house which definately have the freak you out and yuk factor. Give me spiders anyday!! It works very well sucking them up so you can take them outside to squish them.