Customer reviews

This is a great item. I purchased it just over a year ago and it is still doing well. It has kept its shape, which is no doubt due to the 'cushions' retaining a certain amount of material in each square. It feels really nice as well. I love the option of button the layers together to get a warmer duvet if I wish. But, more than often I just want the thinnest one. Really versatile and when I have had them buttoned up together, they have remained stuck to one another which is a good point!

UPDATE** 02/01/2015

Right just to provide an update. It is now the winter and I am using the thicker of the two duvets. It really feels soft and cushioning. Although, having just washed the other one, I will now be buttoning them up together. It washed out fine on a 20 degree wash. I have attached a video which shows how the material is packed into the 'cushions'.
on 24 April 2014
This All Seasons Duvet Set from Homescapes is the best that I have seen. One can see and feel the quality in these duvets and the light, fluffy experience of sleeping with them is fantastic. Homescapes has been professional and very helpful with me when I contacted them concerning Yodel who delivered the product. Homescapes has taken note of this and have given me alternative delivery options when I buy from them again, of which I will.

The 9.5 Tog is a dream, I used it for about a week before switching to the 4.5 Tog, the reason, I got too hot and now love the 4.5 Tog on the bed. The 9.5 Tog will be a dream when the crisp nights of Autumn arrives. I like the container that comes with the duvets, to keep them clean while being stored.

If you wish to experience a luxury sleep in a duvet, buy this, you will not regret it!

** As a side note, I saw a 'ultrasoft duvet' at a well know department store, I almost bought that before I saw this set. For the 4.5 Tog at the department store was the price I paid for the All Seasons Duvet set, a set that contained 2 duvets! Thanks Homescapes....
on 30 December 2013
I've bought a few things from Homescapes, such as cushion fillings, and have been very pleased at the quality and value. For a new bed I required a duvet, and was about to spend a fortune on a John Lewis one, when I saw this one. It is very well made, and does feel very soft and downy, in comparison to my existing hollow-fibre duvets, which are nothing like down duvets.

The duvet is very warm, it feels as if the 14 tog rating could be an underestimate. The duvet is good for allergies, being made of polyester. However, the trouble with that is that it isn't breathable. I often wake up with both the bed and myself drenched in sweat, which isn't nice. I wonder if it would be better if the cover of the duvet was made from cotton or another breathable fabric. If it wasn't for that it would have been a 5* product.
on 23 December 2014
Really great product. Nice feel and consistency to it. The box stitched sections should prevent bunching.
The twin TOG configuration will be greatly appreciated upon seasonal change. Only minor gripe is that a
transparent containment window on the zip bag split from its welding when the duvet was removed.
Also, the standard delivery was quick and ahead of predicted arrival date.
Well done to Yodel. :)
on 22 December 2014
A really lightweight duvet which clips together and pulls apart easily to convert to the ideal thickness for each season. The full duvet for winter is really snug and warm - so much so that we were surprised at the difference from our old duvet. It's helps us save on our fuel bills.

The only problem, I think, is that the press studs are not quite strong enough and are spaced a bit too widely apart. This means that during a sleepless night it is very easy to accidentally pull them apart and then wake up with the duvet in a lumpy mess inside the cover. For us this only happens occasionally and it would easily be corrected by adding extra studs. However, I feel this is something for Homescapes to consider, rather than the customer, hence the loss of one star.
on 1 May 2012
I was looking to update my old duvet and had pretty much decided upon goose down or duck and goose down so search Amazon to get the best deal. It was then that I found out how many people were complaining about the smell of down duvets. It seems more experienced it than didn't so I decided I didn't want to take the chance. That and the g/f saying she didn't want the pointy bit of the feather poking her all the time.
So the search was on to find a decent synthetic filled duvet and I came across this one from Home Bargains who claim it was developed by them as an alternative to feather when the bird flu epidemic made hotel chains look for alternative duvet fillings. The reviews were all very good for the product so I took the plunge. It was by no means the cheapest synthetic filled duvet but it is worth every penny. It is the lightest and softest duvet I've ever used yet still keeps you nice and warm (and I'm only using the 9.5tog one without the added 4.5tog).

I highly recommend this duvet. If you are looking for an alternative to feather or down but still want quality, I'm sure you will not be disappointed with one of these.
on 18 February 2012
We purchased this Super King Size quilt with an overall 13.5 tog rating but with a removable 4.5 tog summer quilt. It was written up as a 5 Star Hotel Quality quilt and that is what we wanted but when we were offered the whole bundle of 2 pillows plus pillow covers we jumped at them. Well after using them now for a couple of weeks we have not been disappointed. They are fantastic, they are certainly 5 star in our opinion. They are comfortable and warm even when just using the 9 tog quilt. The 4.5 tog upper section will be great for summer use and god knows when we shall ever need to use them together (except when the boiler breaks down one winter as it has twice now)Homescapes - Ultrasoft Super Microfibre - All Seasons Duvet ( 9.5 + 4.5 Tog ) - Super King Size - The Best Synthetic Duvets designed for And Used By The Best 5 and 7 Star Hotels From Around The World - Anti Allergy - Anti Dustmite - Box Baffel Construct...
on 19 November 2011
I've had this duvet a couple of weeks now so have changed the cover several times and, although there is some fluffing coming off it, it's not as bad as some people seem to have experienced. As I have all white bedding and wooden floors it's not going to be a problem for me.

But it's soooooooooooooooo snuggly. Lovely and warm.

Only slight problem for me is I get RSI from time to time and one of my elbows is bad at the moment. How is this relevant? This is one fairly heavy duvet so changing it is a bit of a wrestling match when you're trying not to take weight on one arm.

But, on the plus side, it doesn't "tent" like lighter duvets. It's like an all-night cuddle !!

(did i go a bit over the top there ?)
on 29 March 2014
Another product that arrived quickly and in great condition. Only arrived a couple of days ago so may have to update review later on.
Our first ever microfiber duvet and a super king size too. So far we have only used the 9tog all we can say is that it feels wonderfully soft and is perfectly warm enough on its own. I have a problem with my feet so it is great that this is so light that my feet feel no pressure from it. It does not move around like normal duvets so sleep is easy.
We both believe it has the same feel as a 4* hotel we stayed in recently, so cannot wait for the summer and the really light 4.5 tog one. The poppers seem very sturdy so when winter returns using the 2 together will be fine.
on 9 January 2015
Great duvet. I am still getting used to it as I have always been a sheet / throw kinda girl - but after a few cold nights I decided to purchase a duvet.

I bought a duvet many years ago which I abandoned after a very short length of time as it was too hot. I would wake up in the middle of the night and think I had been sent to hell !! But this duvet is different. I have the two duvets (both togs) together at the moment, and although its snuggly and warm - it isn't hot and cloying. Its just a delight to go to bed at night and not too heavy.

I would recommend, and delivery was fast.