on 29 March 2011
I bought this to go by my front door. Now when I arrive home late at night I instantly have light when I open the door as the PIR sensor triggers the light to come on for 2 minutes. It also activates from the top of my stairs giving me light if I want to come down them without switching on the main light.

Perfect for what I was looking for, and the only nightlight that I was able to find that was mains powered with a PIR sensor. This would be great for a landing for kids/visitors in the middle of the night too, but a very bad idea for a household with pets as it would be triggered all of the time.

There are 3 modes in all: 1) PIR sensor on for 2 minutes, 2) On from dusk 'til dawn and 3) On all of the time

There are 3 light options: 1) White Light, 2) Coloured lights rotating and 3) Coloured & White lights rotating.
on 9 December 2010
I bought this to replace a very similar bulb based unit which I always felt wasn't bright enough and didn't stay illuminated for long. This model solves both problems more than adequately.

The standard white LED is excellent and provides plenty of light to navigate your home by, perhaps even too much for my needs, so I've opted to use the pulsing colour effect which provides ample illumination and just takes the edge off the brilliant white.

The sensor is extremely responsive. The light is fitted to a socket opposite a stair case. Before my eyes are even level with the unit it springs into action bathing my landing in soft pulsing cascade of psychedelia. It's like a Pink Floyd gig of yore. It also provides a very relaxing environment for paying a late night visit to the water closet, and with a circa 2 minute illumination I have never been left in the dark.

I'm tempted to buy a couple more of these in case this one ever fails, purely because it was so difficult to find a plug-in PIR unit... but I think the price is just a little north of what I consider perfect. Although maybe I'm being a little tight, as postage was included.

If you're in the market for such a thing, then I don't think you can find better. Go for it.
on 10 October 2015
Excellent product. Extremely sensitive PIR. We use it to illuminate the landing and the light comes on as soon as anyone steps onto the landing. The light seems to stay on for just the right amount of time and casts exactly the right amount of light; certainly enough to see where you are going without being too bright. It's also light sensitive so it only comes on at night. Would recommend to anyone.
on 23 August 2011
We have plugged this in on the landing. It is off during the day and only one when it detects motion at night, though there are other modes. You can have it permanently on or damn till dusk, and white light or subtly coloured.

The sensor is good, detecting motion immediately during the night, and staying on for a few minutes. There is plenty of light to see across a large landing.

Recommended.
on 13 December 2012
Does exactly what it says it would, walk past it at night, light comes on.
Walk past it during the day, light stays off...
Couldn't and wouldn't anything more then that!

the features for colour changing etc may come into use later on when my newborn is a bit older, but for now, does the job as a night light for the parents!
on 31 December 2011
This night light is just the job for lighting up your landing or dark corridor. There is enough light to see where you are walking but not too much to keep you awake at night. I use it with the movement sensor on and it is perfect when visiting the toilet at night. I bought this to replace another which I had had for years and years and it is just as good as my old faithful one. I fully recommend it to other buyers.
on 27 May 2011
Very nice night light. I leave it switched on 24/7. After dark, the motion detector lights up a dark corner at the top of the stairs. I used to have a low wattage lamp permanently switched on at night for this purpose. The night light will pay for itself in time with the electricity saved.
on 1 December 2011
excellent product lights up landing perfectly not to light so as to disturb others but bright enough to see where you are going
TOP 500 REVIEWERon 30 October 2009
Bought this because 'someone' in the house fell down the stairs. They are OK (TG) but I said to myself: 'Never again'. So I fitted this great little thing to the socket at the top of the stairs.

The sensor - I've set it to 'MOTION' - is not quite 180 degrees but pretty close to it. That means when (the 'someone' that fell) comes out of the bedroom in the middle of the night, he only has to walk 2 steps before this light comes on and thats well before the staircase.

If he turned the main light on, he would get complaints from me, but this little light illuminates exactly where you need it most; i.e. the floor and the stairs and bannisters, with a diffuse glow for the rest of the walls and ceiling.

I should have bought it years ago!
on 8 December 2013
I purchased one of these night lights because I wanted one which ran off the mains and which was also motion-sensitive and there were not many to choose from. I did initially think it was quite expensive but, having had one for some months now, I think it was excellent value for money. It was primarily purchased for when my husband came home from hospital following major surgery so that he would be able to safely find his way about during the night without having to put the main lights on, but we now have it plugged in all the time as it is just so useful. This one is plugged in on the landing, so that it lights the way from the bedroom to the bathroom, but I also subsequently purchased another one to go in the hall downstairs and it works splendidly. The landing one lights the way almost to the bottom of the stairs, by which time the one in the hall senses the movement and lights the way down there.

I would recommend these highly to anyone considering such a purchase - the sensors are very good, without being over-sensitive, and the night lights stay lit for a couple of minutes which is just about the right length of time. The amount of light is very good - not so bright it would disturb everyone else in the house, but more than good enough to safely guide you round the house at night.

Excellent!