on 3 November 2015
This is a great big metal pan. When I ordered it, it was because I wanted a great big metal pan, however on receipt of it I think it might me a little too big for my needs. The thing is, 11 litres is nearly 19 1/2 pints! I wish I'd looked that up before I ordered it rather than half way through writing a review!

I can't blame Amazon or the manufacturers if I ordered the wrong size of pan though, can I?

So, the pan itself - it's solid, nothing flimsy about it and from first use it looks like it'll last well.

If you want an 11 litre pan, then I'd say that this is the one to go for.

I'll probably end up cutting eye-holes in it and wearing as protective headgear for if I'm ever walking through Rochdale at night.
on 11 May 2009
Well not a lot to say about this as it "does what it says on the tin". The quality is better than I thought is was going to be for the price. I came to faitful Amazon as I could only seem to find 4 litre ones in the shops so was pleased to find the 8 litre one here.
on 16 February 2014
I bought this to cook spaghetti (having watched Nigella enviously as she cooks pasta in something which looks very similar!). Have cooked spaghetti in a big saucepan for years - always get annoyed when it sticks at the bottom of the pan. Now use this stockpot to boil pasta - there is plenty of room for the pasta to move about - and guess what?? No sticking!!

Very happy pasta cook.
on 25 July 2011
Excellent product! I bought this to make a chilli chicken one-pot so really needed to be able to use it on the hob and in the oven which I was able to do. Very good value for money and I would highly recommend anyone wanting to cook a casserold/one pot to purchase one of these.
on 14 October 2011
I have lusted after something like this for many a year! At last, I do not find my jam boiling over and now have room enough to cook and mix to my heart's content.

Good quality and just the right size for my needs - recommended.
on 28 September 2011
This stock pot looks great and is ideal for making stock and soup. I had to replace my last one as it was not suitable for induction hobs. I would recomend this one.
TOP 1000 REVIEWERon 26 November 2013
Quite a large pan but I didn't buy it for stock. I bought it for my husband to cook his curries and the high sides stop the splashing all over the walls and worktops. Good quality and I am very pleaes with purchase
on 29 December 2015
Looks great and I can get three chicken carcasses in to make stock and still be nowhere near overfilling the pot. Handles stay relatively cool to the touch even after simmering stock for two hours. Boiled a 4 Kg gammon for Christmas ham in it - bit of a squeeze but got it in with 2 inches of headspace to spare, the close fitting lid was great for keeping the steam in when simmering over a low heat (usually the kitchen is like a sauna) Next year will be boiling the Christmas puddings in this and before putting fruit into jars. Making your own stock (freeze roast chicken carcasses until you have 2 -3) reduces food waste.
on 21 June 2014
I am very pleased with this pot. It looks good but it does, as other reviewers said easily burn. I bought it to make bulk suet cakes for the birds and having read the reviews I did take care but clearly not enough because the bottom did burn, but my own fault. Would have been even better if it had a none stick bottom. Cleans easily. Delivered very promptly.
on 31 January 2013
this was the type of buy that we like,very strong well built excellent value for money,as we make a lot of stew and freeze it as it goes to most of the family this size is ideal but i will have to get another one soon.