Package Quantity: 1|Style Name: Soft-Grip|Change

on 15 July 2012
Realise it is only heat resistant to 210 deg C and I must have been using it at a higher temperature. But was just being used to lift a frying egg (which was cooked perfectly and not burnt, on a non-stick pan) and the edge melted - literally the first time I used it.

It is now rough and ragged and can't be used to cleanly lift eggs etc.
on 26 June 2012
this melted the first time I used it in a frying pan. I didn't leave it sitting in the pan or anything, the quality of this item is just crap. Avoid.
on 6 September 2012
Seemed ok at first but end melted when used in a hot wok. Disappointing given some of the reviews. Shame looked the part.
on 27 April 2015
Originally I consider a wooden spatula, but once I saw this beautiful piece of design I just couldn't help myself. At £3.74 + P&P it seemed like a bargain. As someone who was yet to own a non-stick slotted turner, I was understandably extremely hyped in the run up to it's arrival. After first unwrapping I was definitely satisfied; its smooth ergonomic handle was a pleasure to hold, the angle of the flipper was ideal for eggs and the metal-plastic material combination made for an aesthetic I can only describe as beautiful.

I decided it was time to test my new toy, so I fired up the hob (the second hottest one, obviously). I began by testing a single slice of bacon. The gently angled tip made for an easy flip and the slotted head allowed all excess fat and oil of drizzle perfectly through. I was a happy man.

It was time for a real challenge, eggs - sunny side down. I knew this would be a true test, as it was one many of my other utensils had previously failed. I drizzled some oil into the pan and began to cook. As one side began to brown, I knew it was time. I slid the smooth edge under the edge, it moved with ease. It dipped under the white like a dolphin elegantly gliding under the top of a wave. I grinned a little. I continued to push, aware that with every centimetre I moved the chance of destroying the yolk was becoming greater. But despite the fears that gripped me, my reliable hand remained steady, and I flipped the egg a exact 180 degrees without trouble.

Unfortunately when I made pancakes it melted a bit, so I had to give it 4 stars.
on 23 July 2012
I spend hundreds of pounds with Amazon but this is the first time I have felt it necessary a review . Why? Because this utensil is rubbish ! It is "handle heavy" which means that when you rest it in the pan it is liable to do a back flip and splash oil everywhere. I bought it because I thought it was a quality item. I have used it about 4 times. It has just gone in the bin.
on 5 December 2015
Although I already have one of these (Different brand) it's a little on the flimsy side and my heavy duty cooking skills required something a bit more sturdy and that's exactly what I got with this sturdy little beaut.
It doesn't appear to have melted or distorted at all after multiple uses and as the edge is thinned out, almost bladed, it can get under problematic foods but can also be used to slice fat off say bacon in a non stick pan which is a thumbs up from me as bacon fat can be hazardous.
A lot of people seem to of had this melt on them which I can't see how as I use this in a non stick pan that doesn't need oil which will heat to extremes that could melt this which for me is the point of non stick pans and utensils to use on them.
Common sense would say don't leave plastic items leaning on or placed in a pan no matter how durable they are, so I've not found such issues with it as I cook my food, not the utensils especially as they are heat resistant, not heat proof.
on 21 March 2016
I purchased two of these as I have non stick pans (roasting pans as well as frying/grill pans). I have purchased other nylon fish slices before and some did not last two minutes. This one seems to be of good quality and is still going strong. It is strong enough to pick up food from pans/ turn potatoes etc - which is what I needed. Obviously if the fish slice is left in a hot pan it will melt.

A good quality item. It does its job. I have not given it 5 stars as I have another fish slice and slotted spoon from a large department store which I think is better. Unfortunately the large dept store no longer stocks that particular fish slice.
Lightweight utensil with a thin and flexible blade section that is also significantly wider than my existing slice, which is not being replaced; it is several years old, slightly heat scarred but still very effective. This addition is intended to be used less with fish than other foods and to be used almost always with a non-stick frying pan. Purchased to replace a 'stainless steel' alternative, now thoroughly and irredeemably rusted, that was unused for some weeks although previously sometimes used with another that is constantly used and when only two will do what is needed.

Comments by some that parts of the tool melted suggest that it was either left on a hot pan while heating up or when cooking and later returned to the hot pan although possibly no longer continuously heated - no utensil is intended to so misused that it is in contact with the hot surface other than as briefly as possible, primarily when turning or loosening the food to prevent it sticking. Similar tools have survived many years, some in excess of 10, and never has one melted to such an extent that it is no longer functional.

It was a choice between this and an Oxo Grips version at a far higher price. Although a fan of the brand and the owner of several of their products, they brand is not an exclusive choice.
TOP 1000 REVIEWERon 25 May 2015
This is a good sized Spatula/turner/fish slice, certainly bigger than any I have yet used.
It is well constructed and reasonably priced, and in essence it is all but perfect. It lifts flaky fish with out it breaking and it makes it easy to turn delicate items over in the pan. But, like so many others, it has a mat (more correctly a stipple) finish wh9ich means it is very difficult to lift eggs from a frying pan without the yolks breaking! This is especially annoying because the non-stick bottom on my frying pan isn't totally non-stick any more.
So there it is, my one complaint, and it applies to so many of these items.
on 17 May 2016
Bought June 2015, broke May 2016. The handle snapped off. The handle is the heaviest bit, and so the whole thing is prone to flipping out of the pan backwards if you're not careful. For that reason, it had bounced round the floor a few times. Cheap and cheerful, and clearly not built to pass on to your grandkids.