on 17 July 2011
This thermometer is very easy to read, I can see at a glance that the temperature is in the right range. It is actually a bit bigger than I expected - which is good, as it makes it very easy to read - about 8cm diameter overall, the diameter of the printed markings is about 5cm.

The main product picture shows Fahrenheit on the outer dial - the item I received matches the 'larger view' image, with Celsius on the outer dial. Again this is a good thing for me as the outer dial is easier to read and Celsius is what I prefer.

Another plus point is that it is quite slow to react to a change in temperature. This means that unlike with my previous thermometer, you don't open the door and see the reading immediately drop, which isn't necessarily helpful - I'd rather know the temperature with the door closed - it will obviously be too warm with it open.

The only comment I can make on accuracy is that my brand new fridge/freezer sits right in the middle of the 'REF' section, so it looks good to me.
on 12 July 2013
I bought two of these because they had such good reviews already, compared to many of the other thermometers. I'm sure they are going to work fine and give me accurate readings - that's what other people have said. But just to warn you: 1. they are big! Four inches high, which takes up quite a lot of space in a small fridge or freezer. 2. This is especially true since if most fridges/freezers are like mine, there is no way of hanging them up (and still getting the doors closed) so they have to free-stand. 3. The ones I got, at any rate, do not have the nice clear red and blue sections on the dial as shown in the picture, just the numbers and the arrow with a very pale bit for ideal temperatures. 4. It's a small point, but they are rather tinny, so they sort of clatter if you have them in a door shelf. Just so you know.
on 16 February 2011
Ok, it's a thermometer and they have been around for years, so nothing to get too excited about! Nevertheless, for a modest outlay, this is a very useful piece of equipment. It appears to be well made, has a large, easy to read display and functions well. It has revealed that, although it appeared to be ok, one of our fridges was in fact running at +8 degs - too high! It has now been adjusted to run at +4 degs. Highly recommended.
on 24 December 2012
Works very well, compact and easy to find a space for in the fridge. The temperature needle rises and falls slowly so that on opening the fridge one can see an accurate reading without the needle falling quickly.
on 13 January 2012
A simple, strong product. Seems quite accurate when given a reasonable time to readjust to a new situation. Don't expect an instant reading but is adequate for normal household use.
on 12 June 2015
I bought this to check the temperature in my new fridge. Got a bit worried as I was getting a lot of odd readings from it. I have now purchased a standard Mercury type thermometer and found that the KITCHEN craft Master is often anywhere between 2 and 5 degrees out. It is not only inaccurate but inconsistently so. Would recommend that you avoid this.
on 31 August 2013
put this in brand new fridge... kept changing fridge controls to get correct temperature.. fridge had ice on teh back and it was still reading 8'C or more. Have bought a new thermometer of different make and checked using different thermometer an dthis was definitely calibrated wrong.
on 7 June 2014
Most fridges do not have a built-in thermometer, and mine was no exception. The trouble is that you have no idea what setting to use on the temperature dial to ensure your fridge is running at around 5 degrees C. I realised something was wrong with my fridge when things started going off before the use by date. So I bought this (it costs next to nothing and has free delivery!) and left it in my fridge overnight. It read 10 degrees. I checked at different controller settings but it never went below 10.

I was then able to contact my landlady and tell her my findings rather than just saying that I was sure it's not cold enough. She immediately replaced the fridge. So now I can not only set the fridge to 5 degrees, but can also adjust it if necessary and confirm that the temperature is low enough every time I open it.
on 27 March 2014
I am a Diabetic (for some 15 years) and have a two different insulins in my fridge. I took a closer look at the storage instructions recently and it gave recommended temperatures. My fridge has not got a temperature gauge and so decided to buy one. I was astonished that my fridge was 2 to 4 degrees higher than I expected for a normal setting. I have obviously reset it since

It can be used for both freezer and fridge and has a band for each in red and blue with the recommended operating temperatures. I keep it mainly in the fridge.

If you have a fridge or freezer without a gauge get one of these, at this price you could be operating it a more economic and safe temperature.
on 24 July 2015
I have been using this fridge thermometer for a couple of months now and find it great. It gives me peace of mind to know that I can ensure that my fridge is at the correct temperature and I can adjust it's settings accordingly. One feature I like a LOT is the fact that it is free standing, as a lot of these fridge magnets only hang via a hook which can be quite inconvenient. This one just sits on one of my shelves in a convenient position in the fridge. The only thing to be aware of is that this item may be slightly larger than you expect if you have used similar thermometers, not that I find it a problem personally!