on 24 November 2013
This is a brilliant non stick METAL egg poacher.( I have melted my way through 2 plastic/nylon poaching pans this year already) The eggs just slide out and the little knobs make handling and serving easy.
22 Comments| 38 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on 13 April 2017
Good for about three months use then rust sets in on the egg cup tray underside & on the inside of some egg cups. Egg cup handle screws come loose & fall out, whilst in normal use the egg cup handles become too hot to safely handle without heat proof gloves/towel which makes removing cooked eggs very difficult. It is stated to be dishwasher safe - this being washed in the dishwasher probably exacerbated the rusting.
Also the egg cup handle screws fell out and had to be retrieved from my dishwashers filter.
on 18 March 2017
This is one of my favorite purchases for my new flat. It poaches super fast and when it's just me, I can poach one egg for breakfast each morning and have no cleanup for 4 days since the water stays fresh and clean!

When I first tried, the egg stuck a bit, but i just sprayed a tiny amount of oil on the cup and it worked beautifully. My other trick is to put seasoning in the cup before the egg - fresh herbs, a little salt and pepper, even some cheese - and poach together for a tidy breakfast sandwich in no time.

Plus you can take the poacher out and it doubles as a saucepan.
on 20 July 2015
Needed to replace an old egg poacher, where the non stick had worn off. Didnt want one that had thick cups as they take ages to cook. This one is great- thin cups. Clear lid is useful, as you can watch the eggs cook without losing the heat/steam. Good price too.
After using.......this is not safe. The knob in the centre of the insert is forever coming lose and I feel that is dangerous with hot food and boiling water. However hard you try to dry the insert, it goes rusty. The pan itself which only boils water, is losing its non stick. Granted I have now had this over 12 months, but surely it should last a reasonable length of time?
on 14 April 2017
I bought this egg poacher in October 2015. By January 2016 the non stick coating had started to peel off, it was rusting and the screws for the handles kept coming off. I contacted Amazon and they replaced it as I thought that maybe it was just a faulty one. However, within no time at all all the same began to happen again. It is not fit for purpose and is so badly made. Do not waste your money!
on 10 July 2017
Well delivered in april, 3 months later it's going rusty and needs to be thrown away. It wasn't the best of poachers anyway, the eggs would stick to the cups, the little handles were poorly designed, awkward to handle and did nothing to reduce the heat created, but you could liv with that, sadly you can't live with rust in pans you use for cooking.
Steer well clear these really are rubbish
The manufacturer commented on the review below
on 18 June 2017
This product seems impressive and sturdy at first, particular the glass lid, but after only *one* month of use, there is a lot of rust in the cups and on the cup holder! Also the bottom inside of the pot is peeling. Very surprised and unimpressed by this. I never washed it using a dishwasher, I always cleaned it within 20 mins of cooking with it, I used low temperature setting as per instructions to protect the product, and we don't have hard water in our area. I am at a loss as to how this has occurred already. It is now unusable and I will be throwing it out. Very disappointed!

(As an aside, I ordered this poacher last week to replace it: Kitchen Craft Stainless Steel Four Hole Egg Poacher
It is a bit more pricey but I think that stainless steel will be much more durable and resistant to rust, unlike this one.)
review image
11 Comment|Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on 18 May 2017
Bought this to use on our induction hob. Arrived quickly. Feels nice and sturdy - heavy but in a good way! Pan is a bit deeper than our old one. The handles on the little cups are good - did need to tighten them up and they can feel a bit hot - but then they are sat in steam. 2 mins over boiling water then 2 mins standing with the heat off and we've had perfect eggs every time.
on 24 June 2017
brilliant for poaching, much better than plastic dishes
on 10 July 2017
Awful egg poacher - like others say ok for couple of months then the cups become rusty, flaking - the small knobs on cups came off making it very hot and difficult to get them out of holder. The main knob on lid dropped off so after 9 months I'm buying a different brand - shame as I used my grandmother's one for about 20 years!