on 8 February 2016
Great dual purpose bag. Not such a big compartment for your camera gear, you will get an SLR bridge type camera, but it is a struggle to squeeze a professional level camera into the bottom compartment. There is also the top compartment which you can use but this has a lot less padding, so if you put camera gear into the top pocket you will need to protect it.
Very comfortable even with several items as well as the camera.
The reason I only give the bag four starts is that it does not have a clip between the straps so if you are a bit bigger than you should be the straps tend to slip back to your shoulders. I rectified this by getting a strap and buckle and securing the straps together once I out the sack on.
Overall is is very good quality and very comfortable.
on 11 April 2017
Bought this item 6 years ago and it still remains one of my backfriends. For a light traveling photo backup is wonderful. I can use my Camera and 2/3 more lenses. The best feature of this backpack is the quick access opening to camera compartment. For traveling is great because you can hide the zippers, you always feel safe walking around! The quality of the product is really good.
on 9 February 2014
Holds my Sony A33 with 1 lens on the front, and space for 1 lens next to it. The top pouch gives space for a charger, lens hood or whatever - maybe even an extra lens if you've got a case for it. Lots of little pockets for things like SD cards and batteries.

The case has been well designed so it remains secure at all times but doesn't have to be completely unzipped to remove the camera (which was the big problem with my first bag).

Only thing I could say against it is that the netting on the side of the bag is so tight it can barely hold anything. It can just about hold a 250ml drink bottle, nothing more. Big shame but not enough to loose a star.
on 30 December 2010
brought this bag as im planning a motobike tour and not keen on putting my slr camera in the bike bags due to bumps and vibrations so brought this backpack as it looked light and small enough to ride long distances without being to uncomfy

the bag is perfect . fits my nikon d90 with a 18-105mm lense attached , also fits my 70-300mm in .

theres also a small seperate pocket that fits my wideangle in . the top section has enough space for some lunch a notebook and also has some pen holders which is great as this means no more emptying my bag just to find a pen !

the bag itself is very well built the quality high you can feel the quality .

looks quite weather resistent although havnt tryed it in rain but i will be treating it with some nikwax before my trip

the camera sits in the bottom part of the bag and seems to have enough padding to protect the camera .

wearing the bag i find it very comfy and light , the weight is distributed perfectly so no more aching shoulders !!

it also has breathable fabric on the back part which for me is perfect as it can get hot in motorbike clothing so i no im gonna be comfy .

basicaly if your someones whos on the move all the time and never leaves home without you camera . this is for sure the bag for you
on 21 April 2016
Fantastic little back pack. I love how it is divided into two sections and I use the bottom half for my camera and an additional lens and the top section for purse, phone, keys etc. I have since upgraded to a bigger size as my camera gear has grown but for starting out this was a brilliant backpack and to be fair I do still use it when I don't need all my gear with me :)
on 26 April 2015
extremely well made, we have been using this for about 3 years on some long treks and my wife really likes to stuff it to the seams with gear....no burst zips or torn stitching yet..
comfortable to wear for long periods...
we have managed to cram in a Canon500d with standard 35mm lens a wide angle, 1.8mm prime, telescopic and have room for a few chocolate bars...would reccomend.
on 23 October 2015
I wear this on the bike on holidays and for walks. Just big enough to get a DSLR and 1 or 2 lenses and a spacious pocket for accessories or snacks. Side pocket is good to stow a water bottle if on foot. The camera compartment is well protected and if a good rain cover is used it will stay dry.
on 20 May 2013
I can fit my Nikon camera and two lenses snugly into the camera section, but there's barely room for anything else once I've packed my binoculars into it. The design is great as you can slip one arm out of the rucksack and swing it round to open up the bottom section to fetch your camera. However, it means i'm wary of putting any liquid in the spare section as it's above the camera, rather than safely below it. The mesh pocket at the side is quite tight and I can just squeeze in my water bottle. Perhaps i'm being a bit too wary about where I put my liquid, but I have had leaks before and it's just not worth risking it - so soups or a mini flask of tea are out for now.
on 29 August 2014
easily holds my panasonic lumix dmc fz-50 in one compartment and my samsung gx10 with tamron 18-250 zoom attatched in the other with room to spare plenty of other pockets for sd cards, chargers etc, well made and sturdy, great price too, i wasnt too bothered about what colour, some are cheaper than others so check before you buy
on 3 April 2012
This backpack is in my view well worth the modest outlay. It is compact and lightweight but holds my Nikon D7000 with 18-200mm lens attached without any problems, plus there is room for another shorter lens as well. The upper compartment will hold additional camera gear, eg flashgun, or whatever you choose to put in it, whilst there are a number of small pockets to hold minor items. It is comfortable to wear and adjustable. All in all a very good buy if you don't want to carry a ton of equipment around.