on 29 May 2014
I bought this recently to replace my Fastpack 250 which I had for the bones of two years and was starting to get a bit cramped. I got this to have a bit more room for extras and I've had no problem getting them in this bag.

I can comfortably fit a Canon SLR, 6 lenses, filters, audio recorder, gorrilapod, batteries, cards, cloths etc. in this bag and there's room left over. I don't own a laptop but it would easily fit in the back with room left over for the cables in the upper storage space. The front flap is good to strap a tripod or bigger lens (in its case) to the bag.

The bag is quite comfortable, with sternum and waist belts and plenty of padding. The build quality is excellent and while it's not waterproof it keeps out a shower very well.

Great price and quick, free delivery from Amazon too.
on 17 March 2009
Brilliant! An absolute Tardis! Takes two SLR bodies (one with lens attached to body) and 2 or more pro lenses, as well as laptop, power cables and weekend change of clothes - so long as the airlines don't think to weigh everything you pack into it! It's easy to access the individual compartments and has a security flap over the front zipped pocket too: just what I needed for international wedding photoshoots! xx Elaine
0Comment| 33 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you? Report abuse
on 16 October 2010
This camera bag is built to Lowepro's usual high standard. There is sufficient space for my camera with 70-200 f 2.8 lens attached, my 300 mm F4, 50-135 f 2.8 and my 18 -50 mm f 2.8 lens. The easy access flap is a good ideal and easy to use. The top compartment has plenty of pockets for all of those accessories plus my 400 mm f 5.6 in it's padded case, there is also enough room for a second camera body in there if you want plus there are a couple of slip lock attachments so you can carry even more. My net book is lost in the laptop compartment as it will accommodate my work 17" laptop if needed.

The bag is light and the straps are really comfortable even on long hikes. One word of caution don't take it through the Amazon rain forests as it isn't waterproof but it seems to cope well with the occasional shower over here and you can always cover it with a bin bag.

Overall I am very pleased with it as it is comfortable and versatile ...................and I am not sure that I want to take my camera out in the rain anyway.
on 1 May 2014
Fits my Sony DSLR with 28-70 mm lens attached as well as my zoom lens and wide angle lens plus remotes and chargers etc comfortably. Good adjustment possible in the camera section to create space with dividers. I chose this for a trip to Iceland last year and it was very comfortable to wear due to the padded back, supportive shoulder straps and the waist support as well as the additional strap to secure the shoulder straps across your chest. I miss that on a lot of other backpacks. The top section is large enough to hold any supplies you need to take when you're out and about all day, i.e. food, drink, rain gear, spare shirt or a thin fleece. A lot of other camera backpacks are very restricted, which makes them a bit useless when you want to be out walking as well as taking most of your gear. Even with all my camera gear in the bottom section I had space to squeeze a large rain poncho in there. When it was too warm to wear my jacket I was able to fasten this to the outside of the backpack using the flap with straps that covers the camera section. The easy access option to camera works well, bonus when you're in wetter climes where you can't put your backpack down easily.
The laptop section fits 17" widescreen but is also handy to fit any A4 size paper or brochures without having to fold them. It also fits my foldable hiking seat pad.
I have used this almost every day for the past 11 months and can only highly recommend it! It's the perfect cabin baggage size too and will protect your camera gear and leave enough space for any other more fragile items you might want to take as hand luggage.
on 28 December 2011
I bought this camera bag for my dad for christmas. It was a lot bigger than I expected, but thats not a bad thing as my dad has a lot of camera gear. My dad can fit his Canon 40D in with about 4 other lenses and external flash. Theres also little useful compartments inside to put spare camera memory cards\batteries in etc. My dad also has a bad back and this bag helps a lot for carrying heavy camera gear around.

I would recommend this camera bag to someone who wants to carry their camera stuff around comfortably and to someone who has a lot of lenses to carry around. The bag was good for the price and the delivery was fine! Good Lowepro once again!
on 4 November 2013
This bag securely holds my most used camera gear (pro DSLR camera body with lens attached, couple of standard lenses, shotgun microphone, and speedlight), due the generous padding found in the quick access panel. The material that the bag is made out of has withstood stormy weather and downpours with absolutely no signs of water seepage into any of its compartments. However, I wouldn't risk carrying this through a monsoon...an additional weather cover will be ideal for peace of mind.

As well as holding my gear, I'm able to store my documents, other accessories, and even a packed lunch at the top.

When worn, the bag is portionally quite big on the back and protrudes out a fair bit, but that's to be expected when your walking around with a fair bit of gear.
on 28 November 2012
My partner loves it, the only thing I would say would be having a side strap to attach a tripod...... As my partner carries everything with him from his laptop, to both cameras! And I ended up carting the tripod around...... Nice size though, fits a 17 inch MacBook , iPad, lenses and camera with room for other bloke type things ( custard creams, drink etc )
on 26 June 2014
Just got back from two nights in Germany - the bag took my Nikon, three lenses, tripod, iPad, clothes and wash bag, with space for me to bring back some presents. All tucked away inside a bag that meets the Easy Jet test for cabin baggage. No complaints - and it's comfortable when carrying it on your back, even when packed to bursting. Money well spent.
on 1 June 2014
Can't go wrong with the quality but cannot accommodate a standard tripod. Shame as simple external straps would do the trick.
on 3 January 2013
a bit on the heavey side but ok for the holiday i bought it for it's a pitty about the weight