on 1 March 2018
I have had this for some while now ( couple of years) yet it still works very nicely with my iMac. So small and neat it can seem a little fiddly, but it works well once you find out how to open it.
on 4 January 2015
Not the suppliers fault, but I did want a DVD drive. You can play DVD's but not burn to them. Have a large library of photos that I wanted to save, and uses up too much space on CD's. So fine if you wish to listen to CD's, copy onto CD's and watch DVD's. Just the one feature missing.

Just make sure you are on a flat surface, else the drive pauses.....
on 1 May 2014
This is nice and slim and Ilove the colour. The only issue is that it doesn't work now despite being stored flat and maintain correctly. It's good while it was working but if you'd like something that lasts longer, I'd invest in something more expensive but if you need if short-term, I recommend this.
on 27 October 2011
Had a good look at all the other DVD-Rom combo's for my laptop to replace one that had stopped working. I didn't want to pay too much but of course wanted quality too (often hard to match the two!) Mainly selected this one because of the price and other favorable reviews too. It arrived within a couple of days, no mean feat as I live on a remote island off Scotland. The cover is very tactile, some sort of rubber?. I just plugged it in (didn't have to download anything) and it was ready to play. I've played several dvd's, no problems, sat back and watched the films. Simples!!!
on 17 February 2013
Purchased this add on for my partner so she could play her CD collection through her notepad aided by add on external speakers.
Easy single USB connection to power up the unit and very easy to ue
Now in he good books for at least the next week!
on 17 February 2014
I have used the drive to replace the drive on my laptop,
the chassis are all the same.
It's much cheaper than purchasing a replacement drive from Dell.
on 25 July 2013
I got this when I first bought a netbook that had no built-in drive. It proved a boon and, although I no longer have the netbook (died quite a while back) this drive is still invaluable.
on 17 March 2014
Needed an external drive due to my laptop one packing up. I was concerned by the price being so cheap, but the reviews I had read convinced me to buy it. Really pleased I did, bout hit in 2012, and is still going strong!
on 7 August 2013
I've bought it to use with my Samsung netbook. It wasn't so easy to make it work, maybe is down to my lack of computer knowledge . But I tried on my laptop and it was really straight forward. I managed to make it work with my Netbook after all and it does the job.
on 24 January 2016
If I remember rightly, the coating got a bit sticky after a while for some reason. I no longer use it.