on 31 May 2012
This is the one you want for taking notes & recording data in the field. Pocket sized, nicely ruled and doesn't smell funny. I tried it under a running tap with a uni power tank eco pen: no problems & does not become soggy even after scrunching.
on 8 September 2011
I used this on an expedition collecting data on frogs in a rainforest in Honduras. It worked really well and it's definitely needed if working somewhere so darn wet. The humidity and general wetness didn't seem to affect it and the spiral binding seems to be the best option as I know someone who had a bound 'rite in the rain' notebook that seemed to get mildew in the binding! Not much smudging at all.
on 20 January 2015
Bought as a present for my partner, who often comes out of a 30 minute shower with a 'great business idea' or a 'new theory about how the world began'. I have no idea how the notebook is waterproof, I have suspicions that there is witchcraft involved.... but it works! On reflection it was a little bit expensive for a whimsical present... but if you need it for a more practical use I'd definitely recommend it.
on 28 April 2016
These are excellent waterproof notebooks, permitting naturalists etc. to keep going in vile conditions. The top spiral binding is good until it sheds the back cover! Hence only 4 stars. I habitually use this brand and so I am being mean: a rubber band helps hold everything together. The paper takes pencil well even when page damp. The imperial and metric rulers on the rear cover are very useful. Bright colour helps find it when dropped, especially at night, and makes book stand out in photos if used to show scale, e.g. of animal tracks.
Delivery prompt
on 22 May 2012
Very weather resistant, I have used many rite in the notebooks. This one was however smaller than I was expecting, my own fault for not reading the description properly! I will still be using it but for smaller notes as it fits easily in a pocket.
on 25 July 2014
You can rite in the rain, in the shower or just rite your shopping list in the bath. Doesn't need a special pen or pencil. A bit pricey but if you need a waterproof note pad, this is a good choice.
on 15 January 2013
Best notebook a site engineer could wish for. Using on site without any fear of losing the data. i would strongly recommend the product
on 8 January 2014
I have been using this notebook for my job for 5 years and it is best of it's kind but price is considerably high..
on 23 April 2014
Very Impressed with this notebook it really does work in wet weather, and a good size for your top pocket.
on 21 September 2009
Want to be able to take notes when out on the fells, in all kinds of weather.
This book is good; writes both wet & dry, just what I want.