Customer reviews

Format: DVD|Change
Price:£4.57+ £1.26 shipping

on 17 July 2015
If you are a great fan of the book and you are a purist, you might feel a bit disgruntled in places, but I take the view that it is a fantasy book any way and not an historical novel so it doesn't have to be exact for me. I thought the casting for Lancelot, Guinevere and Arthur could have been better but this is largely because we have a tendency to build our own personal images for the characters we grow to love through reading imaginative stories. It would be impossible to please everyone. However, the casting for Merlin, Morgana, Morgeuse, Gorlois, and Vivianne are excellent. This is a very atmospheric film and very convincingly persuades the viewer that it all really did happen. Very magical in places, the feeling of mysticism is true to the book and some of the scenes of Avalon are very beautiful. The pagan rites at Beltane are stirring and speak deeply of the Old Gods. Highly recommend.
on 8 April 2016
If you like Arthurian legends then take a look at it from a different perspective. I read Marion Zimmer Bradley's book years ago and then had it on tape. On DVD it's just so much better. I think for the supposed period, they got most things fairly accurate for once. Okay, it's nearly 3 hours, but it kept my attention for all that time so well worth hunting out.
on 31 March 2014
Forget the negative comments about this movie, it was one of the most enjoyable movies regarding Arthurian i have seen in a while besides the truly wonderful "John Boormans" classic telling called Excalibur. great scenery and a haunting sound track that fitted nicely to this movie, as i no longer have a multi regional DVD player this has to sit on the shelf until its released on a format for us in the uk, a great movie, i loved it.
on 10 March 2014
I was put off from get this video by poor reviews. But actually, while no match for the book, it most certainly was a lot better than I was led to believe. I enjoyed watching it... enough said.
on 23 April 2017
Brilliant just get lost in the story
on 26 January 2017
I was very pleased as the parcel arrived on time .
Was well packed and the items as described .
Thank you .
on 26 November 2016
I've been looking for a Region 2 copy of this for years and was delighted to find this. Well pleased with my purchase.
on 5 November 2011
How I missed this film in 2001 is beyond me, maybe I was away in Avalon at the time.
The book, means so much to me that I was worried that the film may not hold true.
However, allowing for production I feel this film does a perfect job.
Wonderful, convincing action perfect roles.
Lose yourself and see the whole story from another perhaps less fictional view point
on 31 December 2016
Quick delivery of quality film
on 25 January 2017