Shop now Shop now See more Shop all Amazon Fashion Cloud Drive Photos Shop now Shop now Learn More Shop now Shop now Shop Fire Shop now Shop now

Format: DVD|Change

on 18 June 2013
I bought this title some time ago on VHS video when it was first released but of course am now no longer able to play it. I bought the DVD so I could watch it again and wasn't disappointed. It's an accurate record of their 1981 US tour, more so than the " Still Life " CD which was heavily edited. A track listing on the case would have been helpful but as this is an import edition, that can be allowed.
on 30 July 2012
Another splendid performance from mid period Rolling Stones. This has long been available as a bootleg cd, but hasn't been available on dvd before to my knowledge.
on 10 August 2009
Let's spend the night together is an excellent dvd of the Stones live in the USA in 1981. I saw the same tour at Wembley stadium and this serves as a great souvenir of both the tour, and of where the stones were 'at' in 81-82. It is well filmed with multiple cameras and although not peak period stones, it is a good document of the times.
on 27 May 2010
Bought this one from a very friendly seller called Neil Baker.
This dvd is the official release in the Czech Republic.
Very good quality of sound and vision.
A very good concert of The Rolling Stones. Thanks to the director
Hal Ashby.
Great !!!!
on 21 December 2010
Had only seen clips of this gig over the years,so was well pleased with this movie. Picture and sound was bang on .The stones total showmen .I thought this was a brilliant film, well worth the money
on 10 November 2012
My husband Wore it out on video he was so pleased to get it on DVD and hasn't stopped watching it well worth the money and a must for Rolling Stone fans!
on 2 August 2015
I had it on VHS originally (which is now worn out) and was having trouble finding it on DVD. Glad I've got it now, a must for any Stones fan.
on 15 June 2015
Takes me back to seeing The Stones in the early 80s. Great footage and sound.
on 13 November 2007
If it had just been the shoddy performances, or unimaginative presentation that spoilt this concert film, it might have escaped being the pretty awful specimen that it is.
The fact that no one else has posted a review for this speaks volumes... I can hardly be bothered myself - but I thought it might be useful for anyone contemplating spending good money on it.
So, to specifics - the track listing includes "Black Limousine" "All Down the Line" "Brown Sugar" "You Can't Always Get what you Want" "Honky Tonk Women" "Jumpin' Jack Flash" "Let It Bleed" "Let's Spend the Night Together" "Satisfction" "Under My Thumb" "Going To A Go-Go" "Just My Imagination (Running Away With Me)" "Time Is On My Side" "Twenty Flight Rock" - which should be an ok set.. but the performances are often sloppy, rushed and uninspired.
In fact, the musical highlight is probably the fireworks display at the end with Hendrix's Woodstock recording of "Star Spangled Banner" coming over the P.A. !
Visually, most of the film is straight footage of the concert, although "Time Is On My Side" features some random archive film...
Overall, not their finest hour
on 2 October 2014