Learn more Download now Shop now Learn more Shop now Shop now Shop now Shop now Shop now Shop now Shop now Shop now Learn More Shop now Shop now Shop now Learn more Shop Fire Shop Kindle Best of 2017 Shop now Shop now

Customer reviews

Kipling - FREEDOM - Medium Pen Case - Black - (Black)
Colour: Black|Change

on 31 January 2016
Great quality and can be used as a make-up bag or pencil case. I use mine to keep my hair grips and hair bands in because I'm always losing them! It's exactly the same bright red colour as it appear in the photo, and comes complete with baby Kipling monkey. There are no smaller compartments inside the case, as it's quite small already, but it's really pretty!
on 26 October 2017
I like the design and there is enough space for plenty of pens and pencils however the material is thinner and softer than expected so it is not very stable.
on 17 September 2017
Good quality product as always from Kipling. Great as a pencil case or as a makeup bag for all those brushes. Fabulous colours to choose from too.
on 18 June 2017
Great product and service. Value for money and fast delivery.
on 14 December 2017
As usual good quality from Kipling.
on 16 August 2017
Perfect, as Kipling always is.
on 29 September 2017
Really good quality. Love it.
on 5 July 2017
Lovely Item
on 6 October 2017
usefull.
on 19 December 2013
I bought this after searching far and wide for a pencil case that had a bit of character to it.

This wasn't quite what I was looking for, but looked to be the best I could find. That said, I've found that I actually quite like this case. The monkey gives it at least some character, and the colour I chose - the dark blue - is a rich and deep shade, and suits my tastes well.

The zip feels chunky and very solidly made. I don't think it will be breaking any time soon. The inside of the pencil case is roomy; so roomy I've got 24 colour pencils, a pencil, a pen, some scissors, and a ruler in there. Oh, and a chunky pencil sharpener. And there's still plenty of room!

It's also easy to see what's in the case once the zip's open.

The case itself feels perhaps a little flimsy, but I'm not sure if that's because I wasn't sure what to expect of the material; I expected something more rigid, but I think this slight flimsy-ness is just how a nylon case is. It doesn't really matter once there are some pencils in it, and in fact feels and looks like a respectable pencil case once it has some bits in it.

I noticed other reviews mentioning discrepancies between the colour they expected and the colour they got. I think I was nearly caught out by this and I think I know why. There are lots of colours but one is auto-selected when you look at the product page, so you have to manually select the one you want on the product page in order to be sent the colour you want. Make sure that before you add the pencil case to the shopping basket, click on the colour case you'd like. Also be aware that some of the colours of this pencil case are cheaper than others!

In summary, I'd recommend this pencil case. It doesn't have the zing and zaniness I remember from pencil cases as a child, but those seem hard to come by (unless you want something with a specific franchise on it). But it is solidly made, reliable, a lovely colour, and has a very cute monkey attached. What's not to like?