on 10 April 2012
When I tried fitting it to my city/touring bike I was disappointed to see that the arms connecting the rack with the frame were too short. In general I found the connecting arms a bit too flimsy with several interlocking objects which needed to sit at a certain angle before they could be fixed with the supplied screws to the rack. Even on it's biggest setting the rack was still slightly slanted. The same applied when I tried it on my boyfriend's bike.

I also found the rack a bit narrow where it was supposed to fit on the frame by the back wheel. When I bought the product I did not see any indication for size so assumed it would fit an adult shaped bike and attempting to shape it into shape resulted in the rack being bend where the screws fix to the rack.

I'd recommend going to a shop to actually find a rack that fits - I found a very good substitute for a fraction of a price more from a small independent bike shop.
on 27 September 2011
Bought this rack to simplify my load-carrying on a 25 mile round trip commute

Stunned by the massive box this was sent in when collecting (on my bike) from the post office - removed it from the packaging there and then an carried the rack home in my backpack

The rack is sturdy, appears well made and fit quite easily onto my hybrid frame - plenty room for mud-guards and brake action - although it is obscuring the mudguard fixing points and may make adjustments tricky

The instructions were frankly terrible - but luckily the picture makes it obvious what order the components connect in - and after that your average numpty can work out the rest.

Fitting the pannier bags was simplicity itself and once on they are secure and have very little movement
on 3 May 2010
I really like this rack. It is sturdy and well made but not heavy. It was very easy to attach,and since doing so a couple of years ago it has never needed any attention. I would definitely recommend it.
on 9 October 2011
I have been very pleased with this rack and think it is very good quality for the price. I wanted something to secure my work bag to as I'm on a cycle from work campaign! It does the job nicely. Fitting was simple with a bit of patience and common sense. There is one feature on your bike that is critical to fit this item. I had to use my son's bike because of this. There are two chrome bars that travel horizontally from the rack and attach to the bike frame below the saddle.My sons bike had x2 bolt holes on the bike frame specifically designed for this purpose I presume. You would not know they were there so have a look before you purchase.
on 28 October 2011
The rack itself is well constructed and lightweight. It is relatively easy to attach to the bike, but the only bit I found a bit fiddly and not entirely clear was where the horizontal arms that attach from the frame connect to the rack itself. There were bits of metal that neeeded to be kept together and tightened in position to attach to the arms to the rack. I managed to do it, but took a little while to work it out and get it secured. Other than that minor irritation, I have found the bike rack to be solid and secure and am very pleased with it. Recommended.
on 12 February 2011
These were a doddle to fit, really secure and I like the shape of the frame compared to other models to keep a really full pannier out of the spokes! Excellent item!
on 9 January 2012
Our daughter loves the bike rack, but it was a bear to put on the bike. The instructions and diagram were worthless, but she figured it out with online help.
on 12 July 2010
excellent ..able to adapt for fitment with no room under saddle and without drilling holes which were not present on bike frame.
on 3 September 2009
Trans-X Adjustable 4 point Black Alloy Pannier Rack

Great stuff!
Product as described, arrived promptly and very easy to install on my bike. 15 minutes and off I go! It has got additional side protection for the bags not be caught in the wheel.
Would recommend to everybody!
VINE VOICEon 13 July 2014
Sturdy piece of kit. Easy to fit with all fixings supplied. It's got an adjustable facility to fit a pump which is quite nice, if you care, a useful bracket for a rear reflector (not supplied) and a springy bracket on the top to hold stuff when you are not using your panniers, which has the potential to be useful.

Good value, pleased