Learn more Shop now Shop now Shop now Shop now Shop now Learn More Shop now Learn more Shop Fire Shop Kindle Learn More Shop now Shop now

on 17 April 2009
Glitter Skipping Ball - MK2 Version

My daughter asked for this as she was using a lighthopper with the ball on a pole but she had 2 broken at school by less careful girls. This is much more durable - a little harder so requires more skill and seems to be easier to do "tricks with" (ie jumps & hops).

Good price & it arrived very quickly.
on 6 May 2016
Odd toy this.
I can do it okay and I'm an overweight 43 year old dad. My 5 year old daughter struggles with it, my wife struggles with it. They are both slender, I'm round and find it funny that I'm the only one that can do it.
BUT this thing is like an intense workout, well for me anyhow. After 30-40 skips I'm struggling. Wife says I need more grace and finess as the house shakes with my footfalls but I'm just concentrating on coordinating my leg movements and trying to breath and not collapse so can only stomp rhythmically.
The experts reckon that you should do 20 minutes of intense sweat hard breathing inducing excercise every day, well 20 minutes with this bugger would kill me.
Very good.
on 27 June 2009
My eight year old daughter is very happy with her Skip Ball and has mastered the art very quickly! It's still fine after a month of being played with, so am glad I chose this make over some others that I looked at.
on 7 June 2009
My 6 year daughter has had great fun with this ankle skip, there seems to be a play ground craze going on with them at her school.
on 15 February 2015
This is a lot harder than I remember it! The ball looks good and is a good size. The rope is a good length. You can't seem to adjust around the ankle which is where the practice element comes in. Hopefully it will be a good rainy day present in the end.
on 28 February 2016
This is the second Skip Ball I have ordered. The first one last September (2015) as a birthday present for my 6 year old niece which was a great success and very popular in the school playground. The second one I ordered for the 6 year old, to give her sister for her 10th birthday present as she was fed her sister borrowing hers. Obviously, a very successful toy which spans the age groups and a fun way for children to exercise.
on 3 July 2013
I bought this to have a bit of fun while working out, it really gets the heartrate up and you laugh while doing it. Took a while to get the hang of it again after all these years but i manged eventually, the only "fault " with it is the hoop part was to big for me but sorted that out by re-tying it
on 19 May 2013
The ball does not swing easily round my childrens legs as it s the sort of plastic that sticks to the trousers or with shorts would leave a burn mark, much better with the onw with the large plastic circle that i have seen in smyths for 2.99.
on 11 June 2014
These seem to be to infant children what loom bands are to the older ones, certainly in my house anyway. My daughter loves this and spends hours and hours trying to perfect the technique, with varying degrees of success!!
She loves the jingle inside too, and at 5 it's a great way to keep her interest in exercising. Super fast delivery too, brilliant all round. Thank you
on 20 July 2014
Initial reaction from my 10yr old Wow! this is so much better than the one with the hard plastic ring. The ankle loop is plastic covered rope. However, once she had reached 50 skips she said it burnt her skin and left a mark. So be warned.....it's great, faster than the hard plastic hoop version, but wear socks! There is a tiny bell inside the ball, which, although on first sight my daughter said that might be annoying, she said she doesn't notice it when skipping

See one answered question

What do customers buy after viewing this item?

Best Selling • Lowest Price