on 10 February 2010
Very satisfied with the tripod - light as a feather, very small in folded condition and, as far as I can tell, made from good quality aluminium, not a cheap plastic. Having d40 with 200mm on it. Recommend for those who look for light tripod for basic level dslr. Note that it has ball head, maybe you won't like it.
on 8 January 2011
When I was thinking about buying this tripod I hadn't seen many reviews which is why I'm gonna write this one. Very well made and definitely looks the part, sturdy even when the legs are fully extended and can easily hold my Nikon d3100 and a zoom lens. Very versatile tripod and can be made to go very low to the ground for many different types of situations. Folds down to a very small size and isn't a bother to carry, nice ball head, which is also very sturdy also and has not loosened up on me. Nice soft padding on the legs too which makes it even easier to carry, also comes with a small shoulder bag too. Perfect for using on a journey up a hill or on a trek etc. Very well made tripod and although there are probably cheaper ones out there I am very glad I went with this choice. It will hopefully suit me for a very long time!
on 1 July 2013
With any lightweight tripod you are going to get some movement and the same is true for this tripod too. That said, as long as you don't try to overextend it in adverse conditions, it is grand. I have had my Nikon 7000 and telephoto lens on it without any bother.
on 16 April 2011
As an amateur, I was unwilling to pay lots for a professional tripod, but still wanted a semi-pro, sturdy and light weight tripod for a decent price.
This tripod seems to fit the bill well.

Pros: Light-Weight, easy to assemble and comes with a carry-bag.
Cons: Not as sturdy as I'd hoped with a DSLR mounted on top.
on 10 June 2013
Best travel tripod! Light, sturdy, inexpensive, quick setup, firm but easy to set ball head, removable and reversible central column. Love it! Only criticism, the bloody screw of the quick-release mounting plate, the design is rubbish, when you screw it to the camera you deal with a very flat pan screw... so you need a screw driver or a Swiss knife to secure it to the camera body... always got an army knife with me when I take pictures but still...
on 23 February 2017
For its price, it feels incredibly well built. Easy to set up, with a basic guide to make sure everything is simple and easy.

One gripe is that everything is VERY stiff, and took a bit of loosing up. Other than that, if you are looking for a more budgeted tripod this is a great place to start.
on 14 April 2014
Well made and quite sturdy for the weight and very versatile and easy to use. Very good value and nothing not to like at this price level
My only gripe is that it is now cheaper than when I bought it a month or so ago!
on 27 December 2009
This is a really well made tripod.
It comes with a good quality ball head and a very nice guick release plate.
It is made for light weight equipment as it is very light and very compact.
I highly recommend it to anyone who wants a compact tripod.
review image review image review image
on 7 October 2013
Very pleased with this tripod it came well within the estimated delivery time, I have not used it yet under all conditions but I am happy with it so far. I would recommend it.
on 15 December 2013
An absolutely great buy. Light, compact, easy to use. Had no issues with it moving in the wind or it's ability to support my camera and various lenses. Highly recommended.
22 Comments|Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse