on 15 April 2013
British plugs should meet BS 1363-1 (which regulates pin length, toughness of materials used, and size of the faceplate), these do not meet this standard and as such are dangerous to be used in UK plug sockets.

If you want to stop your toddlers playing with sockets you should get the full socket cover rather than these smaller devices.
on 21 May 2014
These products (all types) supposedly protect against a risk. The risk is in fact merely an illusion. BS1363 sockets are safe without any need for additional covers.

Read about it here: [...]

Amazon should remove these products from sale.
on 2 June 2012
PLEASE NOTE THIS IS NOT A REVIEW ABOUT THE SELLER NOR THEIR PARTICULAR PRODUCTS.

But British 13 Amp sockets have built in automatic shutters to protect against children poking things in them.

Plug-in Socket Covers can be Dangerous when a child removes the cover and inserts it upside down thus opening the Live and Neutral shutter covers and exposing the live contacts inside.
Please check the following link [...]
on 3 August 2016
I bought these because we have a socket in our bath room right next to the sink where we brush our teeth and despite the fact that not much water goes onto the socket, whenever, we shower the bathroom gets very steamy which results in condensation all over the metal surfaces of the bathroom (including this socket).

So I purchased this safety plus to stop as much condensed water getting into the socket, and to remind me not to use the socket - for safety reasons.

Its a good safety plug - made of hard plastic - its is easy to put into the socket however a little harder to take out of (so this would be great for young kids as you have to wiggle the safety plug a bit to remove it), although this is hardly an issue overall. And you get five in the pack, which is great value for money. I have no complaints and would highly recommend this.
on 4 April 2014
I previously bought these and they were very good but when i placed a second order I received an alternative type of socket. they were a poorer quality and two broke as soon I used them. leaving me the problem of the plastic pins left in the socket!!
on 1 May 2012
The concept is simple - a plastic dummy pug is inserted to prevent a child playing with the unprotected socket. But, be ware. I have some older types (not necessarily this brand) and they got plastic "fatigue" - became brittle and the plastic plug prongs broke in the socket, requiring the whole socket to be replaced.

I can only advise a responsible adult takes these out carefully a checks them a few times a year by giving a reasonable tug to see if the prongs snap (with age). The reason for this caution is that replacing an awkwardly located socket can be very difficult. DO NOT USE ANYTHINGTO TRY AND EXTRACT THE BROKEN PRONG FROM A LIVE SOCKET!!
on 8 March 2015
If I could give this product zero stars I would. I have tried four of the five plug socket protectors, and 4 out of 5 of the earth pins have broken off inside my plug sockets. The final straw was upon inspecting one of the plug sockets, it became evident that the snapped off earth prong had slipped inside, and required extensive work to remove it. Had my little boy managed to flick the switch on the plug socket, he could have received a fatal shock. These are very dangerous, and I will not be buying them again. Needless to say, I won't be using the remaining fifth socket cover. I think they have proved themselves worthless. honestly, your sockets are safer without these.
on 12 July 2015
Works as intended, cheap and useful.

I thought it was a bit cheeky that it was clearly a ten pack cut in half, but I ordered five so I shouldn't complaint.

I ordered these to cover some sockets which my duvet was pressed against...just in case. I didn't buy these to prevent children accessing the sockets, so I cannot comment on their suitability.
11 comment|Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on 25 April 2014
They do the job but aren't all straight so bend out of the socket. I will use different ones if I buy again.
on 17 November 2014
Pin type socket covers are not approved and are removed by inspectors of public buildings. They inactivate the BS socket's own safety protection. Refer to Electrical Safety Council, ROSPA, Offsted, ChildAlert and electrical trade inspection associations, etc.

See one answered question