Customer reviews

on 14 May 2015
i have always loved the tales of mist and her family and friends and also bought it for my two youngest grand children.......
Thoroughly enjoyed this DVD which shows the brilliance of working Sheepdogs - the wonderfull Border Collies. A brilliant idea by the farm owner to showcase their work and at the same time keep his farm going. A DVD to be enjoyed by young and old alike, for the avid dog lover and for the whole family.
on 7 August 2017
Great for four year olds
on 25 May 2008
I loved this - not just for kids, it's great entertainment for grownups of all ages too! Loved the books, thought this would be horrendous but how nice to be proved wrong - sat through it all in one sitting after intending only to watch a couple of episodes ...
on 9 April 2008
I'd heard the story of David Kennard who makes this, as farmer turned film-maker and so I had to buy the film...which my kids have watched it over and over again!

It's great that the success of the film led to a series. It's really well done and great homegrown entertainment!

And there's a second series coming out next week on Five too!
on 9 April 2008
I bought my kids the first Mist DVD and they loved it, so when the series began i couldnt keep them away from the TV.

This is a great little show, and also also teaches children a lot about farm life. I'll definetely be buying this DVD.
on 7 December 2009
This dvd is absolutely lovely. It has delighted and entertained my 2 year old (and me!) every time it is played. I find the reviewer comments about the twee voices rather strange- er hello?- the voices are supposed be entertaining to children which is why they sound twee! If the dog's voices sounded like a day in parliament I doubt they would be so appealing! Sheepdog tales is a delightful story and makes me feel all misty eyed and nostalgic for my own childhood days- it has the lovely quality that Lassie had all those years ago. I highly recommend this dvd for young children and even adults can enjoy it too!
on 14 May 2012
Brought this for my grandson. he loved it, I loved it. One of the most clever dogs to watch or own. Yes I do own one, and would not be without him, rain or shine.
on 5 March 2013
This is the perfect choice for those wet days in when the whole family are together and you need a little filler between activities. Ideal family viewing
on 4 October 2010
i would recomend this to eny child who likes dogs.It has 13 episodes whitch are 11mins long each.It may not seem long but when you watch it it seems like 30 mins.Ihave goit mist sheepdog tales series 1 2 3 and mist the tale of a sheepdog puppy. I try to watch it whenever i can because i absalutley love it.The music that goes with it is the best music to put with this DVD.I cant get this one tune out of my head its so lovly.Ihope this review has helped you.:-)