on 23 February 2009
This is a first class piece of equipment, a well stocked neat bag which would be useful in the home.small workplace or car. As a first aider, I have seen many types of kits, but feel this is a definate "cover all" item. I thought the item was described well in the sales blurb. A good buy in my opinion
on 22 May 2011
Excellent piece of kit. I looked at other kits but they didn't seem capable of dealing with anything more than a cut finger. This has 2 useful instant ice packs, space blanket, plenty of bandages and gauze, scissors, pins etc. As well as leaving plenty of space to add your own stuff. As a nurse and first aider, I think this is well equipped and good value for money. I only gave 4 stars because there were no first aid instructions in the bag and also the labelling on the bandages and dressings is too small to read so you have to guess what you're opening. But if you know first aid or you just need a decently stocked kit, then these issues really are nothing to worry about - get this kit, add your own bits and bobs, and away you go!
TOP 500 REVIEWERon 29 August 2013
This is basically a good kit.

I have given it 4 stars. The missing star is because though the kit contained some scissors for cutting clothes off an injured person and a pair of plastic tweezers for holding sterile items - it could have done with scissors for cutting sticky plaster and for cutting the bandages or similar and different tweezers suitable for removing splinters.

The sticking plasters are ok but not very big which is why I will be adding some plaster dressing roll or strips. Children's knees tend to need wider dressings.

I like the way the pack unzips so all compartments can be rolled out in a line and you can see what is where immediately.

There's only a couple of non-adherent (non-adhesive) dressings in the pack so Ill be adding some more of those and a couple of bigger ones. The little roll of micropore tape would be gone in no time and it is so narrow so I'll be getting some more. Boots the chemist have a good range of sizes.

There is still room in the bag once the compartments are folded in a roll to fit in a plastic bag with a plastic bottle of antiseptic spray, sterile water or previously boiled water in it - to lay on the top of the roll of compartments.

Having some safe liquid to pour over or spray to irrigate a cut or scrape before you put a dressing on the injury ready to hand while you are out and about is a great aid and of course cotton wool or similar in a sealed pack to dry the area you are going to stick the dressings to would help - not to touch the wound with though.

Amazon sell this

Dettol Antiseptic Wash Spray 100ml

It's only 100ml. - I'll be putting at least one in the bag.

So add some good small scissors, tweezers for removing splinters etc., and some sterile water or spray and you are all set.

This bag can be lifted off the kitchen shelf and put in the car boot and back again as necessary. Even with a bottle of liquid in it you'll still be able carry it with one hand.
on 24 August 2012
I was very skeptical about buying this, but this was a good value for money. The bag consists of 4 see-through compartments, and there is space left for storing additional items. The box description is not very clear about the number of items they provide. I am not sure whether everyone receives the same number of items, but this is what I received with the first aid bag:

- 2 ice packs
- 4 large conforming bandage
- 3 small conforming bandage
- 1 pair of scissors
- 1 tweezer

There were no gauze swabs though, but this was listed in the description. There could have been a variety (different sizes) of plasters; the plasters were all the same size. It would have been helpful if they fully listed all the items as well as the number of items in the description. I did not receive a manual either, which would've been handy.

Overall, I am pleased with this purchase, as I received most of the necessary pieces of a first aid kit. I cannot review the performance/quality of the pieces though, as I have not used them yet, but so far, everything I examined seems to be in good condition.
on 10 December 2014
Very happy with his kit. Its packed with pretty much anything you would ever need in a first aid event. The case is good and very well compartmentalised. Everything can be sealed into its own section so you items that are often required together can be kept together.

The main reason I only awarded it 4 stars was down to the fact that I had to add a few items; namely some eye wash capsules, some burn dressings (no dedicated burn items apart from some non adherent dressing) and a good pair of scissors. The scissors that come with it aren't of the best quality but they would do the job if need be.

There is loads of room for adding more items if required. Even when the bag is fully stocked after adding your own things, it slides perfectly under the seat in a car/van (which is my use for it). It brings piece of mind when travelling. I have had to use it on occasion and it had everything I needed. It can be spread out like a blanket to give the user a good view of where everything is.

If you are looking for a kit for the purposes of travelling but want a more comprehensive kit than a travel-friendly one, this is the one to go for. Would also serve a workplace very well.
on 27 July 2010
The contents are excellent, even cold packs,(which unfortunately had to use on myself, but were very effective) other items very good, can deal with most minor incidents at the road side or at home, the interior of the bag is well layed out, but unfortunatly the zip fastening on my bag failed on first opening, my be just my luck! but would consider buying another kit even just for the contents.
on 22 July 2009
We bought this to take on holiday with us, as our little Girl is bound to get some cuts and bruises, very impressed.
on 10 December 2015
Everything you could possibly need for a travel / at home first aid kit. Scissors, bandages, dressings, tweezers etc. Only thing that would be handy is more antibac wipes (you can never have enough) and some more non-stick wound dressings. Bag is really good, and has room for some extra bits and bobs, I've added a few more pairs of latex gloves in mine, and a non-stick pet bandage.
on 5 March 2016
After completing a First Aid Course for employment reasons, it dawned on me that we didn't have a "proper" first aid kit in the house. This little kit is perfect, sits on top of kitchen cupboard, family members know where to find it, if it's needed. Packed with everything needed, great price, brought one to keep in the car as well.
on 6 June 2014
Came by the day it said by Amazon carrier, was put through gate around back in safe place as delivered whilst I was at work. Although the price had increased since when had first looked at it a week or so before it is still great buy, well worth the money. Was bought to totally replace on in the car instead of just replacing out of date stuff which would no doubt have cost more. Great variety of items in the kit. No doubt the ice packs will be first things to be used with my son playing rugby. A friend who is a nurse said this kit looked to be extremely good value for money and was right.