on 28 June 2012
This sleeve is enormous, it's a sleeping bag, I have a 17" HP ProBook S-series and it swamps it. The dimensions of the cardboard packing inside the sleeve are L 43cm/17" x W 32cm/12.5" x D 3cm/1.25" giving it a massive diagonal dimension of 52cm/20.5"! I think the confusion arises because laptop screens are measured on the diagonal whereas the 17" in the case of this sleeve refers to its length. The case itself is OK but it has been returned!
on 29 April 2010
Got a Macbook Pro 15'... of course this is a 'universal' case and will never fit your laptop perfectly (unless there is some divine intervention!). It's a little bit big for my Macbook Pro. I recommend a case specifically for the Macbook Pro - they fit better.
on 8 August 2012
I bought this sleeve on spec for a 17.3" Samsung Laptop as it was recommended as an extra for the laptop I was buying. As I bought it at the same time as the laptop I did not have clear dimensions of the laptop to work with.

I have to admit the case was well made, I did expect the quality of finish to be excellent as it is made by Belkin. I wasn't however happy overall with the product design.

The case was far too big for the laptop with probably an inch spare corner to corner, even though it was designed for a 17" screen and mine was 17.3". They've provided far too much material to account for the thickness of a laptop and this also added to the issues, meaning the laptop was far too loose when in the case.

I also did not like how they fitted the Zip, from the photos it is hard to see, but the zip does not open all the way around as it might seem and instead opened only about 3/4 of the outside, but not to the same point on each side of the case which meant the laptop needed to be put in at an angle and not straight in, this was a bit fiddly and would in my opinion make it prone to scratching the laptop as you put it in or indeed removed it from the case.
on 24 October 2011
I tentatively bought this product as I simply couldn't find a sleeve designed to fit my 18.4'' widescreen Toshiba laptop. Even though it says 17'' on the product description, this sleeve easily accomodates my laptop (I can fit my Wacom tablet in there too) and there's plenty of room to spare. If it helps other people make informed purchase decisions, my laptop measures 38.5 x 26 x 4 cm (15.5 x 10.5 x 1.6 inch). I can easily put my laptop in the sleeve and then fit the sleeve in my backpack, which was what I wanted. I think it's a good buy.
on 25 February 2013
This case is way too big for my 17" MacBookPro which just slips around inside the case. Also there is no padding around the edges so the laptop isnt protected 360 degrees from knocks. I'm sending it back since it is not as described.
on 29 October 2009
i have the new Dell Inspiron 17 and the case is a VERY snug fit due to the widescreen design.
on 16 November 2009
I have a 17.3 in Dell. I wondered if it would fit, good news it does just! It is great value and is really well made too. Really happy with it.
on 29 December 2011
Bought this for my wife's ASUS laptop and it fits well. Other reviewers have reported it as being just a bit too big as it leaves a gap at the top but even the purpose made cover that came with my ASUS netbook has the same gap. Better a bit too big than too small! The one thing that did surprise me was that I was expecting a neoprene finish a bit like a wetsuit - ie a bit of a rubbery feel to the outside like my netbook case. The Belkin sleeve actually has a more nylony smooth outer and therefore is not so easy to grip when carrying it and this really is the only negative.

The two way zip which goes across the top and down the side means you can open it either at the end or the side or even right the way around for easy access - a versatile feature.

All in all my wife seems very pleased with it - especially as the brown and blue colours match her room decor!!
on 5 April 2011
This fits laptops slightly larger than stated, I was expecting a snug fit but it has a little wiggle room. Probably not a bad thing as it means the zips won't scrape the edge of my laptop. I could probably get a mouse or power lead in there too. The zips feel quite sturdy and go along the top and down one side. Ordered late Friday night had it Monday morning.
on 1 November 2009
The sleeve is nice and lightweight. Just what I expected. My lap top screen size is 15.6 inches and the fit is perfect. Definately reccomend it.