Customer reviews

Style: Chocolate Ballotin Assortment Bath Gift Set|Change

TOP 500 REVIEWERon 11 January 2015
I bought this set as a stocking gft for my daughter at Christmas. She loves the luxury of bath bombs and I thought the idea of chocolate ones would definitely appeal. The box is beautifully presented and it does look like a box of chocolates. Absolutely ideal for a gift. However, as several other people have noted, it was rather on the small side. Having been used to seeing beautiful large bombs for sale in the shops I was rather disappointed by these. They looked and smelt great but were very small. Thankfully these were only meant as a stocking gift and I got them on a black friday deal so it wasn't a big issue for me. However, had I paid full price and been planning to give these as a single gift then I would have been much more disappointed. I personally wouldn't be happy to pay the full price for this item. Mydaughter has yet to use these items but has said that if they smell as good in the bath as they do in the box she will be very pleased.
on 16 October 2016
Very small! I order the Bomb Cosmetics Christmas Cheer box of bath bombs and loved it, so ordered this and expected it to be the same size, but it was less than half the size! Didn't open it - I sent it back - so cannot comment on the bath bombs, but based on the size of the box, I wouldn't recommend. If I received this as a gift I would be disappointed. Get the Christmas Cheer Box instead - it is so much better and smells lovely!
on 28 February 2016
When I saw these bath bombs on offer, they looked so nice in the picture, that I decided to purchase.
When they arrived, OMG - the boxes are absolutely tiny 😱I've not opened them yet, as they were bought with the intention of giving as presents. I will still give to friends, but will now have to add something else - so as to not look 'stingey'!
Very disappointed, as I have ordered bath bomb sets on previous occasions and they have always come in a decent size box, making a lovely gift.
on 8 July 2016
These were bought for jy other half and she loves em. In her opinion they are better than the other very famous brand found plastered all over the high street. She tells me apart from the fact these cost a fraction of the price but they are packaged nicer and they smell nicer, have a better finish on them and lookso good that they make you want to eat them ( I don't recommend you try that though, or they may make you foam at the mouth). All in all a for nicer gift for someone or even a little treat for yourself. Will be buying Bomb Cosmetics products from now on. Buy them we guarantee that you wont be dissapointed.
on 25 August 2017
The packaging is very plain - the main photo used makes the box look a mint blue-green but in actuality, it's just a plain white box with a plain ribbon tied in a bow at the top. Was hoping for the spotted packaging as it looks pretty cute (the product was bought as a present for a teenage girl for her 16th) but there's no way to specify a preferred packaging.

The size of the product also wasn't very clear. It's about half the size I expected it to be.

The products do smell nice though and are cute. I really do adore the idea behind the product but I won't be purchasing it again. It's lucky that it's not the only present I'm giving this girl anyway or it would be quite a disappointing birthday present on it's own.
on 17 July 2017
My partner ordered this for her Mother on Mother's Day. The item arrived well packaged and was conveniently gift wrapped for the occasion. As for the product, the bath products look identical to real chocolate and was an exact replica. Ideal for chocolate fans and extravagant mothers.
on 8 December 2012
After reading all of the negative comments on amazon about this product, I would not be suprised if this had put some people off buying these bath bombs. I wasn't put off and more importantly; I knew what to expect from this product. I knew that they would be smaller than your average bath bomb and I also knew that they'd be extremely pretty and smell good enough to eat. Maybe on the product description they should have put something about the size of each individual bath bomb so that customers do not feel deceived into thinking that they are bigger than they are. My bath bombs arrived in perfect condition (which is real praise coming from me because I am a perfectionist and cannot stand it when an item is delivered wih even the slightest of dents, stratches or folds), the box was perfect and also the bombs themselves were perfect. Overall, I am delighted with this item and can't wait to use them, I would recommend them to anyone wishing to indulge themselves and would definitely buy them again!
on 13 March 2017
I bought them for my Grandmother. My Aunt saw them in the Bathroom and thought Grandma had left them there after enjoying some chocs while soaking in the bath. Excellent creativity
on 30 July 2016
These are slightly bigger than fererro rochette chocolates (apologises for the spelling), but despite them not being huge they are beautifully fragrant and not in a sickly way. My friend appreciated her birthday present.
review image
on 8 May 2014
Obviously you can't get Lush products on Amazon so i had to go for these.
They are quite small so don't make much of an impact in the bath, you can barely smell them once they've dissolved.
Also i was expecting them to smell of chocolate/cocoa, they don't, just have this generic soapy smell.
The other thing i found a little annoying was that (i assume because of the oils used in them) your skin gets coated in sort of an oily, greasy film and makes you pretty much waterproof. Not what you want when you're trying to have a bath.