Format: DVD|Change

on 18 March 2013
Great show but this DVD has had sketches removed because they were too cheap to pay for the music rights. This means some of the funniest sketches, like the Butterfield karaoke bar, aren't included! The only indication of this is a very vague message on the back cover saying "may differ from broadcast" and my suspicions that sketches were missing were only confirmed when I listend to the commentary.
on 10 August 2009
Just a really funny sketch show. It was nominated for a BAFTA, but the BBC still decided that they didn't want a second series. To be honest, with some of the "comedy" they turn out on BBC3, they should be embarrassed.

I don't remember the show even being repeated (could be wrong there) so this DVD is basically the only way to get hold of the show. Feb 2010 though? Come on, let's have it released now!
55 comments| 49 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on 10 August 2009
As a pensioner, living alone, I need all the stimulation that I can get. Luckily most of this comes in the form of Mr Butterfield, who generally gets a tick in the box at every instance. However, there is every chance that by Feb 2010, I might have just withered to such an extent that no amount of water can fix me. Therefore I would urge everybody to pre-order this comic gem straight away. Failure to do this will probably generate a mile-long arc of despair, visible from space.
"Pizza

Quiches Lorraine
20 Cheese Omelette

Anything goes!"
on 10 August 2009
A massively underrated comedy sketch show from the voice of Darth Maul himself and Duane Bensey from Spaced - Peter Serafio.... the guy from Look Around You!

Like all good sketch shows, you find yourself quoting from it endlessly. Brilliant send ups of The Beatles, Star Wars, Al Pacino, Michael Caine, Marlon 'The Hutt' Brando, as well as some brilliant original characters. I hated Butterfield at first, but he just gets funnier every time you watch him.

Bonbonbonbons or a pork cylinder, anyone?

CALL NOW!
on 10 August 2009
Thank God they are finally releasing this on DVD - I can't wait! The commercial parodies are, in the words of Mastercard, Priceless! I highly recommend it, and I hope the BBC puts out another series ASAP.
on 10 August 2009
In 2007 I moved from the UK to the United States, and in doing so cheated myself out of the opportunity to watch the superbly funny Peter Serafinowicz Show when it aired in the UK during 2008. While the rest of my people were lapping up find cuisine in the form of top-notch impressions, first-rate comedy, and a third highly-rated thing, I was instead watching repeats of "Bridezilla!" on the Wedding Channel.

One year year, I am unemployed and struggling to make ends meet. Coincidence? Somehow I doubt it.

Serafinowicz, who has in no way promised to save me from the cash hole I have dug for myself in return for writing this review, is one of the finest comedy minds of our time. He is a superb writer, an above-average impressionist, a competent actor and a talented gardener. His saliva may have rejuvenative properties capable of healing fatal wounds. And what's more, he could be anywhere and anyONE. Even YOU.

This DVD is filled with content I have never seen but nevertheless am assured is top-notch, first rate, third-thing stuff. A shame, then, that it may never be released because the FAT CATS at 4DVD are... well, I don't know. Doing other things, presumably. But my point is this.
on 10 August 2009
The Peter Serafinowicz Show has to be one of the most innovative comedies on TV in years, as well as being jolly hilarious!

I love the characters of Butterfield and the acting masterclasses.

If you missed it the first time round you realy must buy the DVD as it doesn't look like another series is being commissioned (v.sadly) for now at least.

I've just pre-ordered mine but want to watch it NOW! Man, life is so unfair- I can't even buy it for myself for Xmas, guess it will have to be my Valentine's Day pressie to my gorgeous self.
on 10 August 2009
Peter Serafinowicz is often overlooked as he does a lot of voice-over work (IT Crowd, Stewart Lee, Star Wars Phantom Menace etc). But he's always worth watching - who can forget him as a Zombie in 'Shaun of The Dead' and as Howell Granger (reading the shipping forecast) in 'Black Books'?

I am thrilled to see this is to be released. Still devastated it was cancelled after one series and the Christmas Special (which was one of the best things on BBC over Christmas 2008!). It's worth the purchase just for the Darth Vader sketches and to see Michael Caine in his acting masterclasses! Buy it - you won't be disappointed.
VINE VOICEon 23 July 2013
I saw parts of The Peter Serafinowich Show so I bought this to watch everything in its entirety.

Peter's sense of humour is esoteric and while I found the initial first viewing reasonably funny, I haven't watched it again.

That's a pity because he can produce some great stuff. The problem is that it is limited to short bursts and the longer bursts are the less funny stuff.

Peter's got a great array of voices and the delivery is perfect - it's the situation in which the comedy is set that lets him down.

Best moment? Star Wars parody. Peter's claim to fame - he voiced the character of Darth Maul in The Phantom Menace.

He does a great Darth Vader, Terry Wogan, Al Pacino, Robert DeNiro, Alan Alda, and made up character Kennedy St King.

THis is not his only work and I would recommend "Look Around You' Series' 1 and 2 for those of us who remember the Schools Programmes of the 1970's and Tomorrow's World in the 1980's - NOTE: The fantastic Olivia Colman appears in Series 2 of Look Around You.