Customer reviews

Excellent excellent
on 2 August 2017
Easy listening
on 2 August 2017
Einaudi`s albums are all of a high standard and this is probably one of his best.
on 3 April 2017
Excellent service and music. Amazing artist.
on 30 May 2017
Heard a little on the radio, it is ok but not my cup of tea
on 14 October 2008
just beautiful, some melodies are so simple but so moving, they make you cry, others just clear your mind and refresh your soul, I even use it for stress management and relaxation classes
on 11 June 2009
As expected the title track, Divenire, is the most moving and most popular but there are other tracks that, given time are as good in their own right. Andare and Oltremare are good examples of this.
Like all of his other albums I have played this to death.
Einaudi's music is uncomplicated and easy to like and as such there is no greater introduction to classical music.
If you like this try his other stuff - The sound track to Doctor Zhirago, as well as I Giorni and Una Mattina are, in my option, great albums.
(Please note, the second bonus CD is rubbish!)
on 19 October 2009
highly recommend this CD to classical music lovers/piano lovers, i have listened to this cd before dropping off to sleep and find it truly relaxing. My favourite track is Primavera, a true masterpiece, a beautiful haunting piano melody, the other tracks are wonderfully haunting, 0n the strengh of this cd, i have asked the family for his other cds for Christmas
on 27 December 2007
I picked this up after I was transfixed by the track Otremare which was used in the film This Is England. I'd read that most of the music by Einaudi sounds similar, yet each track is unique. I couldn't agree more. This is hughly addictive stuff. Mostly piano with the occasional string instrument thrown in, this makes for a great listen while pottering about or just winding down. I don't listen to a great deal of music like this generally so I can't really compare it to anything else or even claim to understand why I like it. But I do really like it.
44 Comments| 84 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on 18 October 2009
I suppose I should start off this review by mentioning how I discovered this man's wonderful music. Admittedly, it's not how most would stumble upon such a supremely talented musician but I watched Hollyoaks Later.

Now lets ignore the fact that this is a trashy teenage girls show and focus upon the fact that, upon a main character's death, the song 'Ritornare' was played in the background. Despite not being fazed by the death, I couldn't help but notice the beautiful instrumental track. I eventually found this album having found myself strangely entranced by the piano-led music, which stirred emotions a show like Hollyoaks had no right to.

Now, this easily rates up there as one of my favourite albums. Whether it's to chill out with while reading a book or listen to well I'm out and about, I've yet to find an occasion which the magic of Divernire cannot adapt to.

The songs are, as I mentioned above, capable of evoking emotion and, in my eyes, that is the mark of a great album. I can't say I've heard anything else from Mr Einaudi's other albums or soundtracks, but I'll certainly be giving them a listen.

Highly rated.

*****
22 Comments| 12 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse