on 4 January 2012
This is a quality item, it has beautiful polished brass micro switches, and the mechanism is whisper quite. Very impressed with the overall build and polished wood finish. If you have a high class automatic watch do it justice and buy one, your watch will thank you for it. My only gripe would be that the mains adapter is for the European market and therefore has to be used with a supplied UK three pin adapter, however once plugged in and set up this pales into insignificance as the winder performs flawlessly.

Please note this is not advertised for use with kinetic watches, and therefore should not be used as such. As another reviewer has found out kinetic watches work on an entirely different form of energy called kinetic, so a normal automatic watch winder will be of little use.
on 8 March 2010
A very well made product, nicely packaged in a navy blue box. Bought for my husband's Dreyfuss automatique watch and it works perfectly, keeps it going when he can't wear it and therefore maintaining the mechanism in good working order.
Of the 2 modes, continuous and intermittent, continuous rotates the watch for 30 minutes every 2 hours. The winder is quiet - we have it on the other side of our bedroom and you can just hear it when it's winding at night but not so that it is disturbing our sleep. I don't think we would keep it on our bedside table though.
No complaints at all with this product - highly recommended.
on 17 September 2012
I am going to write a simple review of this product.

The product is of high quality and very well made. The product is assembled and hand polished in the UK. I believe that some of the parts are imported however the work and quality is as expected and in line with the price charged.

The product is nicely fitted out inside and there is a cut out in the cradle so that there is nothing rubbing against the strap of the watch. As this box is used to house expensive time pieces one of my personal concerns was that I did not want an item that would risk scratiching my watches and - this winder is well designed and the watch is secure but sits in a way that will cause no damage to the box.

Additionally the winder is silent and I expect that I will get many years use from this product.

I would definitely recommend this product to anybody considering purchasing a watch winder. Granted this is not the cheapest out there but this is a product that functions well and is pleasing to the eye. What mnore coule you want from a winder!
on 8 August 2013
Quite apart from its specific utility as a premium watch winder, this is a lovely piece of furniture. The operation is as effective as it is virtually silent (so long as you don't run it on a hard surface where the vibration from the motor can resonate) and operates in both continuous and periodic modes with equally good results.
These units are expensive, though, and I can understand if most will hesitate before even considering such an investment.
on 26 June 2013
What can I add, that already been said about this great watch winder.
This winder looks like something, you would see on the BBC Antiques Road Show.
And it looks like something from a bygone time. But hey! That's not a bad thing. The Rapport W100 oozes quality. And that's just
the box that it comes in. The winder itself is made from a satin walnut wood with a beige interior. And the quality is something else.
It looks and feels the part, and does a great job of winding watches(My watch is a Rolex 16610 Submariner) And for an added bonus, it is made by a British owned company. What more could you ask for? Maybe years
from now. We will see our Rapport of London W100's on The Antiques Road Show?
So If you want your Patek's/Rolexes or any other fine watches to feel great, then buy this great watch winder.
And No! I don't work work for Rapport of London.
on 5 January 2013
I bought it for my Rolex deep sea that I bought brand new recently and it's perfect. Although the watch is very large, the box is spacious enough for the watch to revolve around comfortably. The quality of the box is very high indeed and is something that befits a watch such as a Rolex.
on 18 September 2014
My son had treated himself to a james bond watch. Always a dream of his. He is highly delighted with this gift quality speaks for its self
on 16 May 2014
This was a replacement for a previous model that Unfortunately stopped working. This one is a bit noisy if it's in the bedroom with you.
on 20 November 2012
I've recently bought a Rolex timepiece but I did not wish to use it as a daily watch.

Because it uses Kinetic energy to wind I'd often have to keep resetting it before a night out. A friend suggested buying an automatic winder, and after looking on Amazon and reading a number of reviews, I plumbed for the Rapport W100.

I have not been disappointed, even my wife, who has an impressive collection of jewellery boxes noted the quality of this product.

The finish is superb, and there is nothing more to say except I am really glad I purchased this item.

This box may not be the cheapest on the market, but you don't get quality for peanuts.

Anyone thinking of buying this product will receive a superb item which will proudly display their treasured timepiece and keep it in good working order.
on 27 August 2008
I've had my Rapport Single Watch Winder for about six months now, I got it for my Seiko Kinetic Watches, I have quiet a few and I seem to go through phases of wearing one or two of them and a few times picking up one of the others only to find it has been more than six months since I last wore it and it has stopped. But the Rapport is not winding up my Kinetics, I've had it lent forward a bit, on it's side and nothing is working. If I had only one kinetic watch I'd put it down to my watch but it's not winding any of them......which is a bit of a pain really.

UPDATE......

I've had the Rapport for 4 years now, it's still working perfectly. I now have a Rolex Submariner and the Rapport keeps it running on the very few occasions that it's not on my wrist. My wife's Invicta watch uses the Rapport Winder most of the time when she's not wearing my Seiko Kinetics....lol

I have checked the manual that came with my winder and it say's nothing about Kinetics....and to bring the review up to date I would now give it 5 STARS.