on 20 May 2013
This battery is a replacement for the original Olympus Li-42b, and does indeed fit the camera and appears to work OK.

However, the battery capacity is only 500mAh, whereas the original (which is much more expensive) had 740mAh, which means that it would last nearly 1.5 times as long as the ABC one, albeit at a disproportionately greater price.

Battery capacity does vary between makes - some are the full 740mAh, some are 660 and some (like this one) are 500. If you don't use your camera much, then this may not matter - but if you're taking a lot of flash photos one after the other, then this one will run out quite a lot sooner than an original one.
on 22 November 2014
lasted about three months then charge drops rapidly but ok for the price
on 25 September 2014
Powered down quickly and wouldn't recharge' Let me down on holiday
on 13 May 2009
Good quality battery to use as a back up for the one already supplied with my Olympus mju 1040. Intend to have one in use and the other on charge.

Would buy again if necessary from this seller. Product arrived quickly and was well packaged.
on 3 January 2011
I recently bought a couple of these as replacements of Kodak Klic-7006 batteries for my digital camera. I though that for less than 1/4 of the price of original Kodak batteries (25.99 Euros) they would be a good purchase even if their performance were somewhat lower than stated.

I just been able to test all the batteries (original Kodak one + the two replacements) and the results have been very good. The original batteries were able to record about 102 minutes of video, while with the first replacement I got about 96 minutes. And I got 103 minutes with the second replacement, though the lights in the room went out during part of the recording, so the camera screen probably consumed less power. In any case, according to these results, the capacity of these batteries is at lest 94% of the original stated 740mAh, so it would be no less than about 700mAh. For the price this performance is really very good. I hope they also last for a long time.
on 12 February 2013
Genuine Olympus and other compatible Li42B batteries are 740mAh, this is only 500mAh. This info is omitted from the item description, and although is clearly printed on the battery this info has also been removed from the images! I feel deliberately deceived, but for £4.95 I guess I shouldn't have expected any better :-(
review image
on 20 October 2007
I bought this battery and 6 other items, not only did i get next day delivery,the products them selves have been tested in my photography class over the weekend and they provide superb power.
on 24 August 2009
Brought the batteries to go to Nairobi with, as i was unsure if i would have access to power. I went there for 3 weeks and have now been back a week and i am still on my second battery. I used my camera everyday. I am off to Belize soon so i will be taking them there with me aswell. Fantastic batteries.
on 27 February 2011
My Olympus 720 performance was fading, poor indoor picture quality slow response time. The new battery has made a huge difference, improve performance and quality of pictures. well recommended.
on 2 February 2012
I bought these batteries because I had lost my original spare that I always take with me. Two reasons attracted me to buying them was they had a bigger storage capacity than the ones I originally had, and the price was considerably better than most I looked at. In fact I bought two because for the two, I paid half the price of what one was being advertised for in many other places.