on 6 November 2015
This is the 2nd LU3051 I have purchased. I lost the first when the wrist band pin on a non OEM band failed. These are without doubt the best value for money watch with this spec. Watch was delivered ahead of ETA and I would have no hesitation purchasing through SolarCosa again.
on 22 March 2013
This Luminox LU3051, Black version Navy Seal Colormark is joy to own. It does what it says on the tin; keeps good time; light weight, strong, 200M drive capable, Swiss made, easy to use and setup, easy to read both during the day and significantly at night with its clever constant luminous 5 minute markers. It is also comfortable to wear and live with , producing only a very limited tick noise when placed to the ear. All round it would be nice if it was a bit cheaper, but given the statement and my rating it represents decent value also.
on 26 October 2012
It is easy to read and can take being knocked. This watch is better than the one it replaces. I have not tested how waterproof it is, but it has been through a few rainstorms and it still working fine.
on 6 September 2013
Bought this not because I'm a diver but simply because it looks great. Really smart sporty looking timepiece, lightweight yet tough. It gets noticed, and I've received lots of positive comments from friends. Highly recommended.
on 14 October 2012
Absolutely love this watch I've worn it since purchase 100% really fast delivery too recommend to anyone who's after a smart decent reliable watch
on 6 August 2013
good fitting, lightweight, good nightime visuals through the design. would recommend the watch to anyone looking for this style of design
on 9 February 2014
I hope that you get chance to read this review before you place your order for one of these watches.
I was drawn to this particular watch because loved the look & I especially loved the hype and association with the with the great US Navy Seals. I imagined that every serving Navy Seal operative would be strapping one of these very watches to their wrists every time they went out on their daring, secretive and dangerous missions. It was all of this that made part with £140.00 GBP. Yes it is cheaper than the RRP and many retailers in the UK but you expect a good deal when buying through Amazon.co.uk. The actual seller was Mr Watch.com (USA) and, as I later found out later, not what Luminox calls an 'Authorised Retailer' and this is very important when buying a Luminox!
I was amazed how light and comfortable this watch was. I even had to keep checking that it was still on my wrist and that it had not fallen off because the watch was so comfortable. This is because it is made of carbon plastic which makes it very light weight but very tough. During daylight, the display is so clear and easy to read. It is no different at night or in low light situations because of the famous Night Vision Tubes are so bright, and apparently they need very little charge to keep going all night. The water resistance is rated at 200m (20atm), though I have heard some reports from people complaining that their Luminox watch did not keep out water when just swimming let alone when scuber diving, but I cannot really comment because I never swam wearing mine. However, I did wear mine as my EDC watch and only took it off at night or if I was doing anything that I thought would be dirty or rough only because I liked mine so much and wanted to keep it looking good.
Then one day I started to notice that the watch started to loose time. Adjusting the time is quite hard because the crown was always very hard (on mine at least) to pull out. They are not screw down which surprises me for this type of watch! Though even after this, it was still loosing time, and I read that the typical battery life is only two years so I took it to a local watch shop to have the battery changed. The time was adjusted by the watch shop but by the time I got home the watch was showing the wrong time again. So I adjusted the time and carried on only to check the time later to find it was running slow again! So again I went to adjust the time again only on this occasion to have the crown and crown pin come out in my hand! I applied for repairs under warranty (2 year warranty) but was then told it was not covered by the warranty because I had bought from a non-Approved Luminox Retailer! My watch was genuine and certainly not a fake but it did not come with the warranty because I had not paid enough for it (without realising at the time because it was not pointed out by Amazon or Mr Watch...cheers guys)! The Luminox 3050 series are great watches to wear, while they work, but in my experience I question the build quality, strength & design. A watch like this needs to be as tough as the person who wears it! This must be why Navy Seals & other Special Op team operatives actually wear Casio G-Shocks and not Luminox watches!
25 people found this helpful
on 16 May 2018
Vine Customer Review of Free Product( What's this? )
This is a black, ruggedised watch with a black dial and white numbers for hour markings with white hands. The second hand ticks then stops, so is not a sweeping motion. There is a day of the month function, and the bezel moves anticlockwise for divers. On that front the watch is reported to withstand 200M of depth, and the plastic backplate carries the identification in terms of model and serial, alongside the decription of the PC / Carbon casing.

There is also an emblem of the Navy Seals to indicate the usage by the special service of the US Navy's (Seal teams) using the Luminox as their go-to watches. This is debatable according to many naysayers on the tinternet, but these kinds of claims have to be in some way valid, to be able to state this in the UK at least. Even if, arguably they are not used by the teams (which would be a surprise given the commitment to the branding, logo and marketing spend globally), there are four main features that would make this attractive to someone in harsher / bolder everyday conditions than a desk jockey.
1. It is Robust, the Carbon bit of the casing has seen to that
2. For Nighttime time reading the glow in the dark material is always able to help you with getting an accurate time reading, it is quite impressive
3. Swiss timing and mechanism, the watch has not lost any time and is reportedly unlikely to do so
4. It is light as a feather despite being fairly chunky.

Changing the date and time is straightforward with the bezel that has a reassuring click on the two-stage out then out again mechanism.
I will note that the case in the photo is not the case the watch came in. A minor point in my view, but what is reassuring is the European Amazon warranty that came in the box. Simply there have been many fakes available on the internet for some time, and these have (following extensive research) been the fly in the ointment for the Luminox brand. Poorly made fakes, that "look" the part are allowing water in, breaking and not behaving like a Swiss made timepiece. Nos such concern here, this is a fully authenticated, online sold and warranted item with a warranty card (2 years) to verify.

My overall impression of the watch is that it is a solid timepiece. I dislike the rubberised strap, and this is purely my preference. I feel that a £300 watch should have a better strap on it - though this is a sports item, so I may be being a little picky. The watch is so light, you do not realise it is there, and this is a paradox, given the fact that it is a fairly chunky timepiece. It is not - however, a chunky brag piece, I think the proportions are right - functional and not braggy - I can't stand those huge fat watches that are becoming too popular. I am a diver and will take this down to 30-50 M when I go next, If it fails I will report, but as a functional everyday watch this is perfect. And here is the slight rub, it is good value, not quite excellent but well worth a serious consideration if spending that kind of money on an everyday timepiece that will likely last years and keep its time like a swiss watch should.
TOP 500 REVIEWERVINE VOICEon 15 May 2018
Vine Customer Review of Free Product( What's this? )
For years, I've stuck with a basic Lorus 'Sport' analogue watch with a fabric strap because, as a plumber, I tend to destroy them. My last Lorus lasted 12 years and I only got rid of it because the face was so scratched, I couldn't read the date on it any longer. I bought another identical one to replace it earlier this year.

Consequently, I was intrigued to see what a watch costing six times as much would be like. My first impressions of this one are that it looks rugged enough, the strap being a rubbery material rather than fabric, and it has a good solid surround to the face (this rotates so you can work out elsapsed time with it if necessary).

You get the time and date, a second hand and, er, that's about it. It has tiny tubes all over the face so you can tell the time in the dark, and these work incredibly well, certainly much better than the luminous coating on my Lorus. The lack of loads of gizmos is a benefit in my opinion as there's less to go wrong (or confuse me!)

It is quite large compared to the Lorus, and as I often have to get my hands into tight spaces, I think I'll need to take it off to avoid getting it caught or damaging it. I note that the battery has to be replaced by a Luminox specialist, according to the instructions, which might be a nuisance if it runs out when I'm nowhere near one.

It's obviously not possible to give a long term opinion about anything you've only just received, so I've given the watch four stars based on my initial impressions of it, which are good, and I'll try to come back and update this review in future.

My main concern is do I risk working in a watch that costs so much, so common sense dictates that I'll probably keep it for best and stick to the Lorus for work.

All in all, so far, it's quite expensive but looks good and I'm happy to recommend it to you.
VINE VOICEon 23 May 2018
Vine Customer Review of Free Product( What's this? )
The Luminox Navy SEAL Colormark Men's Quartz watch is a very impressive product and my husband is delighted with it.

As one would expect from a Swiss made quartz movement, it keeps excellent time; but the main feature for me is that the watch is very robust. My husband is not one of those people that when doing any manual work, would think to remove his watch first and this watch has had its fair share of knocks etc, already, without any damage whatsoever. Not being a chemist I know nothing about the carbon compound case but it certainly is tough; the strap feels quite rubbery and it, too, will take a lot of punishment.

As to its appearance: it's very chunky but it certainly looks impressive and having a nice large Luminox logo doesn't exactly hurt either! My husband says it is comfortable to wear, is very lightweight. The numbers are very clear to read including the second set of smaller numbers using a 24-hour system and so too, is the date display. It is also exceptionally easy to tell the time in the dark which, according to the blurb, is due to the Luminox light technology.

The cost is more than I would spend on a watch and therefore was delighted to have the opportunity to review this one; it is a very good watch indeed and one, that I would say, is well worth the money.

5 stars!