on 11 November 2017
An unusual use.... I was gifted a left hand drive car (in the UK)... problem........how to swipe the many badge readers, toll bridges etc that I encounter... this is the perfect answer I simply blu tacked the card to the mirror and wave it through the opposite window... perfect...
TOP 50 REVIEWERon 11 August 2015
I bought this mirror simply so that I could see the back of my own head when trimming my own hair.
I don't know what others might want one for but, for my purpose it works fine.

It's not Rolls-Royce quality, but I wouldn't expect that at this price. It's certainly good enough quality and useful for me.

Anyway, I hope that this review is helpful in some way when making the decision.
on 9 July 2013
I ordered this mirror together with the excellent Skil 6222 Energy Corded Drill Driver. I needed the mirror to view under floor boards. Other people have bought these and been happy with them. Perhaps I got a Friday afternoon one. The mirror head is quite heavy, too heavy for the telescopic tubes which would only support the mirror (lock in place) when the tubes were fully extended. I think the tubes are too smooth to support the mirror in any none extended position. Trying to use it just made me angry. Perhaps I could put some sticky tape on the tubes, remove the tape leaving the tubes tacky which might then stop the tubes from rotating? Amazon gave me a full refund.
on 30 July 2013
For the price this item isn't bad, but I expected it should at least work properly. The weight of the mirror causes it to swivel towards the ground, making this item virtually useless. I have had to tape mine around the telescopic joints to stop it sliding around, so have lost its ability to change length. Maybe I just got a bad one, I don't know, I'm sure they could have made the head/mirror slightly lighter and the problem would have gone away. Might as well have glued a mirror onto a spatula :)
on 28 June 2014
For the price it's a great product. I have had a couple of these in past and the tube can be a bit loose allowing mirror head to twist and spin because of it's weight but I've always found that a very gentle squeeze of the tube with pliers sorts this out enough to make it useable.
on 24 June 2013
I have a small round telescopic mirror that definitely has its uses but found it difficult to locate a coolant leak due to its small field of view. This mirror is a nice compromise as its not so big that you can't get it in those awkward to reach places and it gives you a nice large field of view.
on 21 February 2018
Good tool
on 13 November 2016
Great mirror - I bought a few different-sized Silverline mirrors, and they're all of great quality.
on 23 March 2016
Mirror just flops about on the end, Completely useless. Shame as teh mirror would have been the perfect size for the job I had in mind.
on 2 July 2015
This is one of those little items which is really handy to any tool box. I have used it with out any problems to inspect wiring, pipework and in my loft space. I keep it it the top tray of my tool box, so as to prevent it from getting scratched by other tools. The handle has a good grip too it.