Learn more Shop now Shop now Shop now Shop now Shop now Learn More Shop now Shop now Learn more Shop now Shop now Exclusive playlist - Elton John Shop now Shop Women's Shop Men's

Format: Audio CD|Change

on 2 January 2008
My 14 month daughter absolutely adores this programme and received this cd for christmas. She is, and has always been, a difficult sleeper and is often hard to settle in her cot. When I play this cd she visibly calms down and it stops her crying almost instantly. A blessing for stressed mums and dads everywhere... and it isn't even that annoying to have to listen to either! Although come back and ask me that in a couple of months time and I might have changed my mind by then.
on 17 February 2008
The programme is surely set to become as classic as Camberwick Green, Bagpuss, etc. The whole package is just perfect, lovely characters, visually beautiful and great music. The CD is brilliant - like an extended episode with all the familiar individual character songs, Derek Jacobi's lovely narration, the regular bits (intro/closing theme, the Tittifers, the dance number that they all do and choice bits from various episodes. My 18 month old son and I listen to it in the car all the time and he does the actions and loves joining in on the big dance number! And ok, I have to admit it - I have it on my iPod too ;) Absolutely charming - can't recommend it enough.
My son loves In The Night Garden and one of the things that first charmed me was the beautiful, gentle melodies that accompany the programme. There's a whimsical simplicty to even the opening bars of the programme which also serves as an excellent lullaby. This CD can help you and your child talk about the characters and remember favourite moments together. The music is gentle and your child will have fun being able to recognise each character's theme tune. This would be good background music to the bedtime reading books available too as well as handy for long car journeys.
on 24 March 2017
I'd be lying if I said I bought this for my toddler. I'm a huge fan of ITNG and the music in particular is a masterpiece.

This CD has all the regular pieces of music that appear in every episode (the theme music, the Tittifers' song, etc) and also lots of general music that plays during the action. My 18-month-old loves this CD but I think I get more listening from it than she does.
on 14 September 2009
This has to be one of the best things I have bought to entertain my 16 month old son. He loves In the Night Garden and we use it as part of our bath/bedtime routine. Although when its playing he does think that there is an episode on the tv! I would highly recommend this to anyone with little ITNG fans.
on 30 January 2009
In the night garden CD has a calming effect on my 22 month old daughter. Dare I say it but I have found myself zoning out to the music too. The CD is essentially an episode of in the night garden.
It does what it says on the tin, soothes and relaxes. Good for wind-down. I sometimes play the last few songs before bed time if things get a bit heated.

Would recommend
on 14 January 2009
A must for car journey angst, this was the best ITNG product we got for our daughter. We bought it specifically to listen to in the car as we often make 3 hour journeys down south. Rather than being a random collection of spot appearances by characters from ITNG, this musical CD takes you on a lovely journey around the whole night garden and has something of it's own story to it.

Our daughter is 18 months old, I don't know how enchanting this CD will be to a 3 or 4 year old... I guess I'll let you all know when we get there!
on 18 July 2009
My 2 year old son has programmes he far prefers to In the Night Garden, but he absolutely adores this CD. It has all the songs and tunes you would expect, and is amazingly calming on a long journey. Although it drives me slightly mad (I know the whole CD off by heart!) it is worth it for the peace and quiet it brings.
on 14 October 2009
My 18 month old loves In The Night garden, and we play this on car journeys. A happy child makes a happy mum!
on 6 July 2009
My two little 'uns love this - and you know what? So do I. Credit is due to Andrew Davenport as the music (and sound effects) are as good as anything aimed at adults (cf Amelie soundtrack, with similar unusual instrumentation). This is one kids soundtrack that doesn't irritate the hell out of you on the 3rd listen (in a row!), but instead allows you to notice different nuances on each listen.

Plus as other reviewers have pointed out - it keeps the kids quiet, a godsend in itself!