VINE VOICEon 17 December 2009
One reviewer criticizes the paper - maybe this is not the paper for his printer, true. It is designed for use only with photo inkjet printers that utilize pigment-based inks, such as Epson's UltraChrome or Canon's Lucia inks. If you have that it is a beautiful paper, comparable with Harman and Hahnemuhle but at half the price. Professional photographers and anyone passionate about black-and-white printing, especially all those familiar with fiber prints from a darkroom, will particularly enjoy the look and feel of it.
on 8 January 2012
I just love this paper for those special photos, ie the first time I used it was for a photo of our working Springer Spaniel it gave such a super image result This particular photo has had three first prizes in three comps so cant be bad. I think that it needs to be saved for special photos were it shows of its best quality it has a dreamy quality which will not suit everyone .I havent tried Monochrome but will give it a go. My printer is a Canon Pro 9000.
on 17 June 2012
Performed very well on a good quality Epsom printer: sharp, bright, great tonal range. Being relatively new to digital printing I was very surprised about the huge impact of the quality of paper; I must admit pretty much dumping other cheaper papers I had bought once I used this.
on 25 July 2011
shame i have a epson px700w and it takes the 290 gram paper but the 310 gram paper gets stuc and has track marks on the picture so guess 310gram paper is just too thick but i will always buy this mae of paper as the quality is superb but if you want to be safe go under 300 grams it is dearer paper but well worth it
on 31 May 2013
I love this paper. I bought it for printing black and white portraits and I wasn't disappointed. The paper is of lovely quality, thick with a silky sheen to the finish, perfect for the look I was after, reminiscent of the look and finish of darkroom prints. I would recommend to anyone who is looking for that classic touch. However, the paper was designed for use with pigment ink printers so I do not know whether the paper prints well using a dye ink printer.
on 5 September 2009
Excellent paper, downloaded icc profile from Ilford to match my printer Epson 2100. Seems cheapest paper at this quality.
on 29 May 2014
For printing larger B&W pictures with a proper photo printer, this paper gives outstanding results. If you like the old Ilford look; this is the real thing.
on 10 December 2009
Fortunately I bought a 10 pack and didn't waste any money on a larger one as this is the worst paper I've ever used. I was really looking forward to getting excellent B&W prints for an entry into a competition however every one had a strong green cast to it, I use a Canon mp620 which uses black ink for greyscale so its not using any colour ink to produce grey. I tried using the Ilford icc profiles but they didn't help at all, I then tried using the paper for colour prints. I have to say the results were truely awful, I did find it hard to believe that it was the paper at fault so I used the same image on different papers....conclusion is that this paper is rubbish, or should I say this paper does not like the Canon printers or the ink they use, btw I used Canon inks.
33 Comments| One person found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse