on 8 May 2017
This is a wonderful, almost instant, source of heat. When one finds heat is the best way to deal with one's pain, this is ideal. It is far quicker to heat up than the pads that one heats in a microwave. I experience a lot of cramp and when it occurs I find it so easy to activate this heat pad, one just squeezes a little disc inside the pad, so I keep it beside my bed. It is so easy to prepare it for future use, one just puts it in a pan of water and let's it simmer for ten minutes, then it is ready. I would not be without it now that I have discovered this excellent remedy.
on 10 November 2015
Having previously had a similar heat pad for the last 2 years until it burst, I eagerly awaited my replacement. Yes, it does what it says on the tin, It is hot, it does ease an aching back or shoulder! However it is not as malleable as I would like & the plastic casing is quite hard. When it goes cold, it is quite hard to fold it to fit it in a pan of water to re activate it.
on 9 March 2017
So glad I purchased this item;does wonders for back,neck and shoulder pains.
on 26 April 2017
Works well
on 16 March 2017
This product is not as convenient as it's claimed. Once you click, yes, nice instant heat but the heat doesn't last very long. After 10 minutes at best, the amount of heat is no longer therapeutic. If you are using this for outdoor winter activity, forget it, heat dissipates even faster.

It's also such a pain to reactivate! Taking out a large pot, filling it with water, wrapping the pads in a towel, bringing the water to a boil, waiting for the pads to turn clear again and then cleaning up the pot and wet towel is so inconvenient and takes forever. Definitely not recommended for the elderly or with younger children.

I tried reactivating in the dishwasher on the highest heat setting which doesn't work for the larger pad. Water boils at 212 degrees and a dishwasher only get's to 160-170 at best which isn't good enough for the large pads. If all the crystals don't go clear, the pad will reactivate which means you'll need to start over again. If you want to use the pad right away, you're waiting an hour or more in a dishwasher if it even get's hot enough.

Very disappointing with the overall performance of this product. I'm back to microwaving heat pads which can be reheated very quickly and no cleanup.
on 26 April 2009
I bought this pack when I was having back trouble and I have to say I was very impressed, the speed in which the pack heats up its quite unbelievable and the temperature is just right.
The only issue I had was how to reset the pack. Basically you have to boil it for 10 minutes or so to reset it back to its liquid form. This is all very well and good for the small version of the heat and click but trying to find a pot big enough to accommodate the crystallized pack was a bit of a pain.
Apart from that though I'm happy with the results and pleased with my purchase
on 18 October 2009
I bought this as I suffer a great deal with back, hip and pain - and have gained alot of relief in all areas. Has helped muscle and joint pain.

I have read many reviews refering to the way in which you have to reactivate the product. Yes you have to boil it - but don't you have to do the same for a hot water bottle? The only difference is you have to wait for the heat on a hot water bottle - whereas this is activated immediately and can be reactivated after you have received the relief - ready for the next use. I have also bought the pocket size (panda design) for my daughter(3) and she loves them - ideal for warming up her hands. I also use the hands ones too. Great for when we go caravanning - we can warm up when we return to a cold van - whilst the heaters do their job - then reactivate them ready for our next outing.

Ideal as long as you mind having to boil to reactivate!
on 25 May 2011
Please do not waste your money. I was completely misinformed by the seller, The heat in a click stays warm for a very short time and then goes into a solid cold block. It has to be "boiled" literally for a half an hour to convert to liquid again. It is so so unsatisfactory
on 18 January 2017
VERY disappointing. I bought mine at a trade show and was surprised by the effort needed to get the item back to its original state after use. I was also disappointed in the fact that it only remains hot for 15-20 minutes instead of the 3 hours I was told it is supposed to remain hot. Finally, and most disappointing is that the website offers no form of resolution. They state that they only distribute the product, they cannot help any customers unhappy with the product.

Don't waste your money.
on 12 February 2009
After suffering two back injuries, I have struggled to find a product that actually works. I find this is fantastic. It takes the pain away in minutes. The only downfall is that you do have to reboil it. However this is a small inconvineince