Learn more Download now Shop now Shop now Shop now Shop now Shop now Shop now Shop now Shop now Shop now Learn More Shop now Shop now Learn more Shop Fire Shop Kindle Christmas with Elvis Learn more Shop Women's Shop Men's

on 6 May 2010
Considering its the ONLY sound system for the PS3 it's very difficult to compare! However that aside, this is a very solid built product. As previous reviews have stated you can feel the quality of the design and build. Aesthetically, designed with the PS3 in mind its the perfect partner to enhance the audio experience. The bundled remote control is so small/slim and works perfectly. There a three preset audio modes, Movie, Game and Music - each selectable via a switch on the main unit.
The only drawback are the cables are slightly too short, but over all thats not much to be complaining about. Movie playback is greatly enhanced by these speakers - the only reason I purchased. I am very pleased with the result. Good value for money!
I definitely recommend them.
on 29 March 2009
I ordered these the other day for my PS3 and I am very impressed with the speakers. I bought them as like a lot of people I have an HD TV ready television with a DVI/HD slot in the set. So when HD leads are connected from the PS3 to the TV you get a great picture but no sound as the leads cannot do both audio and visual. I tried fiddling around with the PS3 settings to try and get sound via the PS3 cables connected to the TV, and Visual via the HD lead to no avail and spent ages on the internet trying to figure out a way, I even conntacted Sony about the issue who were not much help to be honest. So I took the plunge and bought these and Boy am I glad I did. They work great and all cables are in the box so no need to go buying extra items. They match the PS3 in style although this didn't bother me to much, if you are limited on space do take this into account as they are each roughly the size of a PS3, that said they look good and sound great. First game I tried was Farcry 2 and the sound blew me away and now in HD! You can also connect your TV or MP3 player if you so wish but for me the sound and visual aspects make them the best purchase since buying the PS3 last year. They are also a good price which is always good in my book. Easy to instal and great to listen to and they will bring you into HD gaming, very pleased indeed.
33 Comments| 9 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on 3 April 2008
So i bought these just the other day, and WOW am i impressed now 1st off i have my PS3 going thru an HDMI cable and the speakers work fine you just have to change the sound settings back to multi/scart instead of HDMI. Now the speakers are fantastic for the price u pay they are great turned up full whack like being in the cinema no kidding. No there not like a 300 quid pair but u aint paying that. So my advice is that these are great and round off the PS3 nicely.
22 Comments| 30 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on 26 January 2009
i was realy impressed of this two speaker and the equipment!
but much more from the sound.
every cable you need is in the package.
first i connected direct to the PS3 and realy great sound. Much more sound than you get from other speaker for this price.
3 way equalizer and remote control. but i wanted to use this speaker also for watching satelite tv program. so i connect the speaker with my samsung 46" tv and it works. the quality of the sound is a little bit better to connect directly with the ps3. but not much!
from the design it is realy greatfull harmonized with the ps3 and also with samsung tv, maybe also other ones.
I am happy and i like!
on 12 September 2008
Having recently purchased a PS3 I was looking for some speakers to accompany it,when I stumbled upon this pair.I have to say that that these are a superb pair of speakers for any PS3 owner who doesn't want/can't afford a surround sound system.
Even though they are fairly cheap.to call it a budget system is a little unfair.Whether you're watching movies,playing games or listening to music,the sound is really quite exellent.And from an asthetic stand-point,they go really well with to your PS3.
I wouldn't hesitate to recommend them to any PS3 owners.
44 Comments| 6 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on 22 October 2009
I bought these with some trepidation as i i've bought many sets of speakers setups over the years.I needn't have worried these sound great for the money.I use them with my MAC MINI for watching media content.The remote is a great addition as i can watch tv/movies from distance and control the sound.Spotify sounds great too.
Only thing that could improve them would be a headphone socket on speaker front.
Looking forward to hooking them up to my PS3 for the full blu-ray experiance!
on 11 October 2009
I bought these speakers a few months back as i got myself a ps3 and a tv for my bedroom, and was disappointed by the sound quality from my 19" samsung as it was very tinny sound. I stumbled across these after a mate had told me about them.

And i am very impressed with the improved sound quality and the speakers are very easy to use took me around 10 mins everything i needed was all in the box controls are basic you have buttons to control bass,treble and volume.

I have noticed 2 minor fault as my speakers are set up beside my tv and the right speaker with the remote sensor on it is inline with the tv's remote sensor so when i adjust the volume on my speakers it turns on the sleep timer on my tv.

Also the control is very small and could be lost very easily as it is similar size to an ipod nano!
on 8 June 2010
I bought this with concern as it has bad reviews in some cases. Fortunatley this is not the case! This product is perfect for the price and quality it holds. The sounds is immense with movies and games (especially Modern Warfare 2) and the set up procedure is SIMPLE!!!

I was put off for three reasons from buying these at first which were;

1) I have a PS3 Slim, so I was worried about it being compatable.
2) Seen reviews about it not working with HDMI.
3) Seen reviews that the sounds was terrible.

The PS3 Slim works perfectly as with any other, the set up is exactley the same and so is the quality!

I followed the instructions and all you have to do is change YOUR SOUND settings on your PS3 and can still have everything going through your HDMI reciever. TRUST ME, THE INSTRUCTIONS ARE SIMPLE!

The sound is immense! It truly is great for the price you are paying, don't get me wrong its not Sony/LG style but remember you are not paying for that.

The only problem I had was not with the product at all but with the courier who couldn't understand how to ring a doorbell and had me waiting an extra two days.

All in all I give it 9/10 and would reccomend it!!!
on 2 September 2010
I was sceptical ordering these, thinking they would be disappointing. I previously had a Harmon Kardon 2.1 setup and was so impressed by them, I was almost ready to order a replacement. But then i stumbled across these and decided to give them a try and save some money instead, as they were about £100. I currently hook these upto to my laptop with the supplied cables, you don't actually need a PS3 to use this, Infact I don't even have a PS3.

With regards to how it sounds, the bass is strong and taut, this is very important to me as I like to listen to alot of R&B and dance music. The high notes are good, but I do feel the max volume could be louder.

The HKs are the better sounding set of speakers, but these give it a very good run for its money. Im glad I'd saved myself the £60 and got these instead though.

In summary

+ves

Good strong bass and strong midrange + vocals
Feels well made
Comes with a remote
Looks good
Can be used with MP3s, etc.
Very cheap for the sound you get

-ves

Max volume seems restricted, could be louder
Speakers do seem a bit on the big side
on 13 January 2008
These speakers are great connected to the PS3. They produce a better sound than my surround sound system.
33 Comments| 14 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse