Price:£2.46+ £1.99 shipping

on 2 December 2009
I ordered this, as with other construction toys, in the pretence that it was a "hard" hat for kids and would be long lasting. Upon delivery it is nothing more than a thin, flimsy, cheaply made mould which kids will no doubt break and bend out of shape within days. Although I can't really complain that much because of the price but when considering that the P&P costs more that the actual item it is a bit of a rip off.
on 2 January 2010
This product was not worth even the little money I spent on it. It is very flimsy and was dented when I received it. Not that it takes much to dent it - just try to pick it up. Although I did like the Health and Safety label on it that said - "this is a toy and does not provide protection." Actually, that put a smile on my face, so I suppose that alone was worth the money!
on 8 December 2009
i ordered this but is was made so cheaply couldnt give it as gift so it went in the bin
on 29 December 2009
I purchased this thinking it was a child's toy, but it's actually adult size, and it's very flimsy, the kits tore this apart within half an hour.
on 11 June 2010
My little grandson likes pretending to be Bob the Builder, so purchased this hat for him to wear when he is pretending to be him. The hat was very flimsy, but he loves it so that is good, however you get what you pay for and as this is fairly cheap then I can't really complain can I.
on 29 July 2013
I understood the item was plastic and realised that it did not cost too much, however, what I didn't bargain on was the flimsiness of the product. Bought for my 3 year old nephew, I suppose it is fit for purpose, but have real doubts to how long this product with last...it may survive being put on and taken off, but If anything falls on it.....game over...
on 12 February 2014
For the first time, I let my six year old select this without having read any reviews. It arrived dented, which was soon explained when I picked it up! This is made of the same material that one would find as an insert in a tin of biscuits! I am quite frankly appalled that Amazon would associate itself with such rubbish. I can say with absolute certainty that the box in which it arrived cost more to manufacture than its contents! I will be sending this straight back and will be fully expecting a refund. I have read other comments suggesting that they can't complain given the price. Are you serious? I spotted an identical item in Poundland, and even they were too embarrassed to sell it on its own, they threw in a high visibility overcoat as well! Lesson learned, I will never again allow the purchase of an item through Amazon without first reading the reviews thoroughly. This experience only adds to my concern regarding Amazon's quality control. I have read recently for example that Amazon were selling 'Samsung micro sd card adaptor and 32GB sd card'. Note the order in which this is advertised. Turns out that the adaptor is Samsung, the actual sd card is non-branded! Given that the adaptor is nothing more than a plastic shell, it would be reasonable to think that this should be the non-branded item, and the sd card should be from Samsung. This reeks of deliberate mis-selling, and is a worrying trend. I abondoned Ebay because of such ploys, and the fact that a deluge of poor quality/ counterfeit items had started to surface there. I thought that I was protected from this by using Amazon, but lately I'm not so sure. I recently read reviews of a phone case for a Samsung Galaxy Note 3 wherein a reviewer identified that it was in fact a cheap counterfeit. Amazon, step up your quality control before you go the way of Ebay! Apologies for digressing somewhat, but as honest and faithful customers we should expect decent quality in return for our hard earned and increasingly scarce money! DO NOT BUY THIS ITEM. You will be too embarrassed to hand it to your child.
on 15 November 2012
Arrived dented and is really flimsy. Plastic party hat , not a builders hard hat. Complete waste of money and really bad quality
on 22 October 2014
This arrived to late! for the school day needed. should have arrived in time.
it was squeezed into a very small grey bag so tightly that bag was splitting.
the innerr plastic sizing peace was very flimsy.
it was very small.. toddler.
on 26 January 2015
Very flimsy and crushes easily. Quite inexpensive so I guess you get what you pay for. Idea for dressing up box for little ones so long as they are careful with it. Arrived on time and packaged well.

See one answered question