Top positive review
One person found this helpful
COD4, 5 stars all the way!
on 15 April 2008
When call of duty 4 first came out on the 9thof November 2007 (5th of November for the U.S) there was already an abundance of FPS's (first person shooters) on the market.
Rainbow six Vegas and Halo3 were just two of the tough competitors that COD4 was up against.
The new instalment of the long running Call of Duty series has proved to be a great success after trading its WW2 theme and storyline's for a more modern approach to life in the front line.
The new additions to the game really make COD4 stand out from all other games on the market. Perks are one of these additions that really add to the personalized experience of the game. Choose you clan tag when playing multiplayer online. Play as U.S marines and the SAS in single player as well as terrorists in multiplayer. Create different weapon class's ranging from shotgun's to sniper's, Assault rifles to sub-machineguns. With these weapons you can also call on three perks to help you. One of the most helpful perks is martyrdom (drop a live grenade when killed) and bandolier (increased ammo capacity). This is a list of all the perks:
* Bomb Squad (see where enemy's have planted explosives)
* C4 x 2 (C4 with handheld trigger)
* Claymore x 2 ( trip mines)
* RPG-7 x 2
* Special Grenades x 3
* Frag x 3
* Bandolier (increased ammo capacity)
* Juggernaut(More Health)
* Sleight of hand(Reload quicker)
* Stopping power(More weapon damage)
* UAV Jammer(Jams enemy radar)
* Sonic Boom (Higher damage from your explosives)
* Double Tap( Higher rate of fire)
* Extreme conditioning(Sprint longer)
* Steady Aim(Steadier aiming)
* Last Stand(pull out your pistol before dying)
* Deep Impact(Better bullet penetration through walls)
* Dead Silence(Less noise when running)
* Iron Lungs(Hold breath longer when sniping)
* Eavesdrop(Allows you to listen in on enemy chat)
* Martyrdom(Drop a live grenade when killed)
The creators at activision have really pulled out all the stops when creating this truly amazing piece of graphic engineering, helped by the new dynamic spotlight and shadow technology.
Of all the First person shooter games I have played this is truly the best. Stunning vision, sound and overall game play. This game is a MUST BUY!! Great single player missions but online play is the main selling point for this game.