on 16 September 2010
Road tested the hat today in high winds on the south shore of the Moray Firth. Coped with all the winds had to throw at it.
on 3 February 2012
I bought this for work as I have to spend long periods of time outside and in all weathers. I've not had it out in the rain yet but as far as keeping my head warm it does it's job a treat.

I've tried other hats that have claimed to be x-large, but they've still been a tight fit on me and can gladly say that this is more like an xxl. Just thought I'd add that incase it's important for anyone else.
on 2 January 2012
I bought this hat for my son, as I wondered why he wasn't wearing hats he already has in the cold weather. He explained that he often finds them scratchy on his skin and cause irritation. So I searched for a lined hat that would solve this problem and spotted this one. It is soft lined and soft knitted fabric, toasty warm and just the job. It's hardly off his head now - except indoors of course! I can highly recommend it. Great price too.
on 27 December 2009
Bought 2 of these hats for horsey husband. They are a great fit, and light but warm. Lined - soft not scratchy. Great price. Fast delivery. Highly recommended.
on 25 November 2010
- Good quality of materials used
- A great bargain
- Fits the head just right
- Looks better in real life compared to the one in the picture
- Arrived a day earlier than the estimated arrival date

Overall, very happy with the product. Would recommend. 5*
on 17 November 2013
The image on Amazon is clearly a Thinsulate branded product. I specifically wanted this product to exactly replace the Thinsulate hat I lost last winter. The item that arrived was NOT a Thinsulate product. The hat is very small and doesnt have the 'give' or comfort of the genuine product. The hat is ok and very cheap but not as advertised and definately an inferior product. I am suprised that Amazon will allow this. Will think twice before buying branded products on Amazon again.
on 6 December 2014
NOT the same as pictured. Cheaply made and thin. I was expecting THINSULATE not "THERMAL INSULATION". Not buying from this seller again, that's for sure
review image
on 12 December 2015
This is not the same product as in the picture. It is a standard wholesale black hat with 'thinsulate' branding loosely sown on. Avoid if you want a genuine thinsulate product. Sellers are probably operating on the fact that because it's so cheap no one can be bothered to return the item.
review image
on 16 November 2015
I've had a thinsulate hat for years and decided a different colour was in order.
This one is very slightly different from my original one- but I have had that one for a long time so maybe just a design change.
This hat is quite a bit " longer" than my old one,so more to fold over or pull down over the ears.
Seems to be well made and is nice and warm.
Very good value.
on 7 January 2016
Bought this for me to wear when I walk the dog. Promptly delivered, well packaged & good price. The hat is good quality & well finished. I have long hair and like to contain it on walks. The hat fits closely & keeps my hair covered up on damp/windy walks. It is warm, well lined & keeps my ears warm. Would be nice to have in pink or purple but black is fine for a functional item. I would recommend.