on 17 October 2010
I havent used this in France as yet, but looking at the detail on it using my Garmin Vista HCx it looks like it will be usefull. The detail is good and the area it covers vast!!
on 3 June 2014
I enquired about this product before purchasing it for an upcoming trip to Italy and was assured it was a recent publication. That may be the case but it proved totally inadequate. It failed to recognise any of the Italian postcodes I entered and failed to recognise most of the street addresses entered - I tried them both in the original Italian and English with the same outcome.When it did accept street addresses, it rarely was able to direct us to the right place, more often than not getting us lost. In the end we gave up on it and relied on old technology - a good map and my wife as navigator; it worked a treat.
on 20 September 2010
Got us to where we wanted to go in France without any problems. The mapping for France doesn't seem to be as detailed as for the UK and it will occasionally try and send you down what seems to be a track through a vineyard but if you ignore these turns the route will be recalculated and you can use 'bigger' roads. Also worked well when returning our car at the airport in directing us to the Carrefour nearest to the airport to fill up with diesel. Good for car parks as well.
on 6 October 2011
did exactly what it was supposed to and found even very remote locations without drama.Used it with the Nuvi 205
on 13 October 2011
Used this map chip in my Garmin 800 for a cycling tour of Belgium, France and Netherlands. Very reluctant at first to move away from my paper maps but soon found the Garmin indispensable and trustworthy. As with all sat navs, sometimes routed me on roads that I would not have followed using paper maps but in the end made the journey quicker and shorter in most instances. It's the future!
on 29 May 2010
The card was over 1 year old - difficult to say how old.
consequently, we had several cases when the GPS got us to turn in circles back to the same position.
on 21 October 2011
I bought this a while back now and this worked pretty well with my Nuvi 200, although it did seems to glitch a few times while travelling in Crete, where it struggled to get satisfactory detail at times, but this probably was the GPS not getting sufficient signal and not the map. I stil manged to cross the island without any other form of map and didn't get myself lost in the maze that is the cretian villages and streets so I was happy and very glad I had it.
Overall a value for money addition and update to the map version I had at the time and it worked straight out of the pack!
Cheers!
on 10 June 2009
This product is good and shows detailed maps of France. It does work on my machine but does take a long time to locate the correct map when using this card.
on 18 August 2012
Just returned from France having purchased this for our Garmin Nuvi 205. Clarity and accuracy of maps was very good, but our SatNav was very slow to load the new maps, particularly if setting for a long journey with a more complicated route (we avoided motorways for many of our journeys). Very good value but be aware you may have to swirch on and off a few times an be patient whilst it loads, but hey we were on holiday and in no rush!
on 10 October 2009
Not up to date mapping on the Sat Nav System when in France (that's what I purchased it for) therefore creating all sorts of problems and of no real help when as Bonnie Tyler would sing about 'LOST IN FRANCE'