Shop now Shop now Shop now Shop now Cloud Drive Photos Shop now Learn More Learn more Handmade Shop now Learn more Shop Fire Shop Kindle Shop now Shop now Shop now

on 10 July 2012
Even though some have written bad reviews of this item, I are no issues with it.

It works a treat for keeping my golf score as a high handicap golfer (hacker, would be more accurate). It tallies accurately and reliably and has survived being dropped in water and knocking around in my pockets and golf bag for some weeks now.

It's cheap and it works. What more could you want?
on 5 December 2010
I bought this counter to keep track of my golf score at each hole. I am a novice and regularly score into double figures per hole. This counter allows you up to 9999, is very easy to read, easy to reset to zero by rotating knob and of robust construction. It is far superior to my previous electronic golf scorer which had a maximum of 9 per hole, was difficult to read in sunlight and was unreliable due to occasionally switching off. Also it is cheaper than the electronic version.
on 10 January 2012
This was not a good purchase. I did pay for express delivery, but item did not arrive for a few days.
Tally counters themselves are not the greatest quality, item displayed in the photo is not the same as product delivered.
This is not full metal parts tally counter.
Out of 4 purchased, 3 stopped working within 8 weeks time.
on 12 November 2013
With my job I have to count deliveries of materials by helicopter to moorland locations. With having to move quickly over rough terrain things do drop out of pockets and we have lost many many of these counters; counters that cost £7.99 from a survey suppliers.

On receiving the counters, I spent the day at work waiting for the weather to clear, so to pass the time we put the counter through it's paces and compared it to a more expensive counter.

Test #1 1 to 100
Both counters were used to click up to 100 as fast as possible: The cheap counter performed well, I almost expected for it to either get stuck or explode into a pile of cogs and springs. In terms or speed there was no significant difference in time taken to finish the test on both the cheap and the expensive clicker. It was more down to operator with the more expensive clicker taking the match 3-2

Test #2 Durability
Both the clickers were dropped from head height onto a stone path. Both clickers were still operational and readable afterwards.

Looks
Well initially we were surprised as the cheap clicker was miles ahead with its chromed body and unscratched window, however a colleague pointed out that the expensive clicker was probably shiny once.

Longevity
Well of the two clickers I ordered I managed to lose one after about a month, but hey it was dirt cheap and no-one cares!
on 21 August 2010
This does exactly what it needs to. I count leangths with it in the pool and laps when i'm sprinting and it works perfectly every time. It's not overly bulky and the loop fits right on my finger without being constricting.
on 31 October 2011
Not a lot you can say about a tally counter except that this one has a handy thumb ring and the mechanism works fine so that it always advances without sticking. I've used it as a pedometer to count over 3000 steps without any problems.
on 13 February 2012
I bought it for my girlfriend who wanted it for her knitting and she is delighted with it, it works well and is easy to use.
A good buy.
on 11 April 2013
working untill number 6, to go to 7 i have click 10 times in all possible ways. i bought this because it is cheap. but if it is not working why should i need to waste even 2 pounds.
on 4 July 2012
I bought this to count visitors to an exhibition.
My first impression is that it looks cheap (it was!) and I fear for its durability...
However, it does seem to work OK at first trial, so time will tell.
If it fails soon, I will post an update.
Update 20/8/12:- Worked fine throughout the two week exhibition (although not over-worked) and is still going strong.
Actually felt quite robust in use - should be OK for next year also and will have been worth the modest cost if it gives no trouble then.
on 15 May 2013
I ordered this item for myself. As a keen knitter I need to keep count of knitted rows but have always struggled with the fiddly little counters designed specifically for this; they are either too small or over time tend to slip off the number selected as they become worn so I googled knitting row counter and this little beauty came up. It was something I'd never previously considered but I thought "why not?". Having now used it for the last week I cannot begin to tell you how wonderful it is!

Pros:-
1. Unlike the usual row counters this doesn't require fixing to the needles
2. You don't need to put your knitting down as it can be operated with just one hand
3. It's easy to set and reset
4. It's at least half the price of normal row counters
5. Easier to handle

Cons:-
1. Slightly more chunky that the usual counters (but that actually helps in some ways)
2. A lot bigger so takes up more room in knitting bags etc.

I would highly recommend this to all knitters out there; so far two members of my knitting group have asked me to get one for them and I'm sure they won't be the last.

A very reasonably priced item and a very easy item to use. A true win win situation!