on 7 April 2017
A bit flimsy
on 2 March 2014
One ball split open during it's first time in the tumble dryer. The second ball split open in the next tumble load. Honestly thought these would last more than one load of laundry. Don't bother buying this item. I have requested a return but it's more hassle than it's worth. I'll see if I get time or if I have to pay for postage because it simply will not be worth it.
on 15 December 2013
These dryer balls are very cheap and split in half during their second use and are now in the bin
on 8 February 2014
Arrived quickly and worked fine for two perhaps three dries and then they both split apart. I only gave one star because you couldn't give zero.
on 8 January 2014
Echoing the experience of other buyers, these dryers balls split in two and warped the very first time I used them. I didn't even have the dryer on a high heat but I'd expect dryer balls to be able to do what they are designed for!
review image
on 12 October 2015
I bought this when I got a tumble-dryer as I read that adding some balls (some use tennis balls) helps "fluffing out" the clothes and thus they dry easier. They seemed to do the job, but the make a racket! The tumble dryer is noisy as it is, but as they're made of hard plastic, they're really loud (a bit like when you put trainers in the washer/dryer). I have since bought some solid wool ones which are closer to tennis balls and seem to be a bit quieter. If your dryer isn't in a room where you have to be in, that's probably not a problem. If it is, bear this in mind!
TOP 1000 REVIEWERVINE VOICEon 29 November 2013
These are great and work so well; they really do soften the cothes and the drying time is shorter - I can't tell you by how much as I haven't stood by with a stop watch, but I can say it is significantly less time than before I started using them. Unfortunately I don't have the option to dry my laundry outdoors in winter, so have to use my tumble dryer, and as I don't like chucking artificially perfumed things in with my laundry, these are the answer. Such a simple idea, and really effective - well worth the money.
on 4 January 2014
The main reason for the purchase of this item was to stop my sheets tangling and balling up as apparently they are supposed to help stop this from happening. I can't say they made it any better BUT they do seem to help dry the washing quicker which is also a benefit of using them. So I still have to keep stopping the dryer to untangle them but as they do dry quicker I don't have to do it so many times. So all in all I would call that a good result :)
on 12 June 2015
Bought 4 of these to replace two aging ones that have started discolouring and splitting. So far so good...and until the past couple of days recent sunny weather, have been used twice a day in the dryer since purchase...bedding, clothing, towels etc and performing well ( family of 7 at home). I put this 'into' the damp washing though because if you just leave them in the drum and add washing...when drying it sounds like a cement mixer with bricks in.
on 5 June 2014
this are a godsend it makes my towels soft and its cuts down on the drying time , could not live without them