Package Quantity: 1|Style Name: 1-Pack|Change

I am a student studying portraiture. I do figure drawing in graphite for 10 hours a day. This eraser is essential basic equipment. It works well on cheap sketch paper, and is even better on expensive papers such as Canson and Roma. The eraser lifts off graphite without a lot of pressure, so it doesn't do much damage to the paper surface. Obviously, rubbing hard will do damage, no matter what eraser you use, but this one is soft enough to yield under slight pressure. It leaves crumbs on the paper, which may be blown or brushed away. I use small brush for this purpose, so as to avoid touching the paper or the graphite.

This eraser is also excellent for precision erasing. For example, if you need to create very thin strands for suggesting hair in graphite, or for creating a contrasting edge. There are two ways to use it for precision work. 1. Use a scalpel to cut a clean edge, or better still... 2. Use that cut-off bit to do the precision work. This gives you a thin edge all-round and wastes less of the eraser. For very delicate work though, buy the Staedtler eraser pen instead. It's much more efficient and easier to use in tight spaces, though it still requires cutting sometimes for fine work.

It doesn't generally collect dirt, but it can get a bit grimy after continuous use. If you are working on something important, it's a good idea to test-rub it on a scrap area first, which will also clean the edge for you.

It also erases charcoal residue. If you have erased charcoal but have still got a faint shadow of it on the paper, this eraser makes a good last-resort if you need to shift that shadow. It doesn't always do the trick, but it is usually worth a go.

These erasers last a long time. I got through just two of them in a year of drawing. That said, I buy them in multiple packs as they are cheaper, and I can sell the spare ones to other students.
on 7 July 2012
I bought these because of the price, most good brand erasers are alot more expensive than these,when they arrived I thought I might regret buying these, so I thought I should test them out, so got a piece of paper and pressed really hard with a pencil and rubbed the pencil out and I promise the paper looked unused and I was curious whether these would last and I have had them for a while now and they aren't as white as they were when I first go them but only 3 out of 4 of the corners have slowly worn away but hardly anything. And that is only one of them I still have the enjoyment of using the other one and having amazing clean paper !!
I can't recommend them enough !!
on 2 August 2015
Great pens, able to be used quite a lot before drying out. These new ones also doesn't dry out easily with the lids off; great for those clumsy days. The only drawbacks are the tips; since i use them for normal writing, i find that the tips can recess into the metal head after a prolonged period of abuse (not talking about the "suspension" that was built in). For those interested, i often use fine-liners as pens. I find my writing style to improve and become more readable with them!! Unlike ball-point, which can "seize" after some period of non-usaege, these will pour out ink as soon as it touches paper. Compared to gel-based pens, which can smudge if you accidentally touch it before it fully dries, these dry as soon as you write the next word!!
on 23 February 2011
I bought this product because I`ve had the same before, They really are the best you can buy. Excellent product, wouldn`t even consider any other as I`ve been using these for years. I`ve never worn one out, they usually get `borrowed` or I lose them.

No dirty marks left on the paper & to clean them just rub them on a clean piece of paper.
on 23 June 2015
These arrived on time with no problems on standard delivery.
Awesome value for money and they draw very well, no bleeding, no smudging as they dry quick. I've had these about for about 2 months now and I've not even got through one pen despite the fact that I use these for outlining drawings and entire designs
on 28 March 2016
Bought for the other half so that I could get exclusive use of my pencil sharpener when we are both deep in our colouring books! Mine is probably fairly vintage but an excellent sharpener so I was looking for something of the same quality for my partner. This sharpener seems extremely effective. The ability to use two different diameter holes is good but the important thing is that it does sharpen very well indeed. The container is very good and there is little chance of accidentally opening it. Very good buy indeed at a reasonable price
TOP 100 REVIEWERon 19 November 2015
This is a good pencil sharpener at a reasonable price. It has two sharpening holes (one for thicker pencils) and it catered for my triangular shaped colouring pencils very well. Hasn't broken any pencil leads while using it and the lower container is very handy for collecting the sharpenings and keeping things tidy.

Would happily recommend it to anyone looking for a sturdy and very usable pencil sharpener that should last them a good while. It also looks quite neat on any writing table. Excellent product.
on 20 November 2014
I have already bought the pack of mixed colours for my son who loves drawing but he used the black so much I needed some more. This will go in his Christmas stocking. These felts are more expensive than some but worth every penny. I have now bought another lot of these (July) as my son loves drawing with them and all his mates have them. He likes sharpies too.
on 29 January 2010
The Staedtler Mars Plastic Eraser removes graphite pencil marks cleanly without leaving dark smudges like many cheap (usually rubber based) erasers do. This seems to be because the plastic disintegrates leaving little or no graphite residue on the eraser and the resulting shavings can be blown from the paper surface.

It is possible to make precise corrections to pencil work because the firm plastic material lends itself to being used on its edge or corner. It is also excellent at removing pencil draft lines without damaging work that has been inked in or over.

To Sum up: For artists & designers brought up in the digital age, think of this as the Ctrl+Z of traditional pencilwork.
on 9 May 2013
Great sharpener, does everything a sharpener does and the bin it has in it is really nice, it doesn't come apart by itself making your bag a mess like the ones I've had before, as you need to push a button to release the cap.