Customer reviews

Item Package Quantity: 1|Change
Price:£4.43+ Free shipping (Addon item)

on 19 July 2017
This product may be dangerous. At the end of my holiday last week I pulled out the UK plug and the adapter fell apart - exposing contacts live to the mains.
I purchased my Brennenstuhl 1508530 in Amazon Marketplace. Amazon are now selling directly a product with the same name and number. But it looks different - so it may not be the same product.
on 17 March 2017
Took this to Poland. Worked as expected.
on 27 July 2017
As described
on 13 July 2017
Excellent
on 23 April 2017
Very nice adapter
on 12 June 2013
Robust design, proved very useful during rance and Switzerland. I would definitely recommend this adopter plug. Did what is said on the pack.
on 9 January 2011
this is good product to use but the bad thing is its a little bit too big, but i guess its not possible to make smaller ones
on 13 September 2010
I bought a camcorder from Amazon UK that came fitted with a UK plug. As I live in Portugal I bought this Brennenstuhl Adapter. It was exactly what I needed. The camcorder plug fits flawlessly into the adapter and the said adapter fits effortlessly into the Portuguese mains. This adapter also feels sturdier than the other adapters that I have bought in the past (Continental Europe to UK, and Continental Europe to US). I thoroughly recommend this product.
33 Comments| 20 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on 12 October 2016
The product that I received is not the one in the picture. Mine is a lightweight cheap plastic material instead of the solid heavy-looking material that you see in Amazon's picture.

Totally disappointed. I feel cheated. I was really hoping to get the solid one in the picture. I thought this brand makes bulky but solid products like in the old days which are of better quality and last longer. But the one I received is not much different from those cheap made in china products that I can buy from a pound shop, although this one is made in Vietnam.

I checked the Brennenstuhl.com website and found out that they do not have the design that is in the picture by amazon. The website shows the design of the one I have received. So, I guessed the Amazon picture is showing an outdated model.

However, what made me suspect if I received a fake/imitation was the name in the logo was spelled differently as Brenenstuhl instead of Brennenstuhl. Nonetheless, fake or original, this is not what I am looking for, so I will be returning this.

For the benefit of potential buyers who doesn't mind the new design, I have plugged in the 3 pin plug of my lamp into this adaptor and it is not the smoothest push & pull but doable. There were some tiny bits of plastic coming off the edges of the 3 pin holes. This did stopped after I rubbed it a few times with my finger. As you can see from the picture I posted, the plastic is the shiny type where there were already some scratches when I received the item this afternoon and will easily scratch in the future, though it is only aesthetic and should not affect the working condition of the adaptor. I did not test the 2 throng part(the part that goes into the wall) as I am now in London and do not have any 2 throng wall socket to test.

UPDATE : 15 Oct 2016
Reply from Tapecity on 12 & 13 Oct 2016 on the different picture & the wrong spelling of the name of the logo.

Dear Customer

I can 100% guarantee you that this is a Brennenstuhl product since we purchase direct from the UK distributor of this brand.

Please be advised that we have sent you the latest model of the item you have ordered.

Please be advised that we have no control over listings as they are created by Amazon themselves so we are unable to edit any pictures or descriptions on the listings.

Regards
TAPECITY

I did not return the item in the end as I was due for an overseas trip next week and couldn't find the spare time to visit the post office/box.
review image review image
on 6 May 2010
Easy to use and reliable feeling travel adapter fitting very well both ends.

Tight and not at all wobbly function and handling working very well, at least with German outlets.

Not cheap, not expensive... though pretty good.

Five stars